PS4-XONE development

Hi,
I have a question for all people working at WH studios, but also for people who might know this,
So what I wish to know is; if the console version is being developed in the same time as PC version, or will you optimize it for consoles once you fix all issues and alike…?

Hey mate, the game was primarily being developed for PC. Which meant that the console ports and optimisations came after that initial development had begun.

XBO and PS4 development is ongoing currently. We’re not sure on progress of that because we haven’t been provided release dates as of yet. We’ve been told that it is progressing well, but what that translates too for actual specifics… who knows.

There have been delays last year which were attributed to facilitating a simultaneous cross platform release of KCD. But again, this has not been officially 100% confirmed as of yet (to my knowledge)

2 Likes

Thanks !

I mean I know the game is taking long…you can even write manuscripts how cool is that ? But,still bettet to develop a good game for 300 years than just release some stupid unfinished shit
I think we might get a release date by end of february, my one and only hope is to have it before Q3 2017

1 Like