Quality of life suggestions

Hello,
After spending hundreds of hours in this amazing game, I have some feedback suggestions, who knows maybe Warhorse would read it and even implement some of them!

• A stolen icon for stolen items stored in the chest
  • A sorting option for stolen items
  • A nourishment meter (for the “Balanced Diet” perk)
  • Display the arrow count
  • Make plants and dropped weapons easier to grab
  • Choose the quantity of the item you want to cook
  • Indicate looted nests; maybe change the icon to an empty nest?
  • Some kind of warning for timed quests, not necessarily a timer but Henry could make a comment about them
  • A “found” indicator for already looted treasures
  • Keep the possibility to make one jump (consume all stamina) when overburdened
  • Sell items directly from horse inventory
  • Shield hotkey
2 Likes

Strongly agree with your first suggestion.

I do not agree with some of the feedback suggestions like arrow count, meters or warnings for timed quests. The amount of arrows is displayed in the inventory. No need to have even more HUD. The same with meters and warnings. The game wants you to feel consequences so when you take too much time for a quest, then you should live with the consequences. Another HUD pop-up warning effect would kill the immersion and just let you feel like playing a generic game.

I agree with the picking up of plants. It should work first person without a third person sequence.

I don’t know, there is a balance to be found, the games warns you when you’re hungry right? Henry make a comment about seeing Theresa again right? It also tells you when the Queen of Sheba sword is ready, but nothing for a life and death situation? Regarding the arrow count I get it but how many time I had to interrupt what I was doing to go in the inventory and check how many arrows are left; this is, in my opinion, more immersion breaking than a small number in the bottom right of the screen…

1 Like

It should be optional then.

Here are my suggestions for future updates:

• Remove letterboxes in dialogs and add mouse support in dialogs.
  • Add sliders to customize HUD transparency (0-100 %) for all HUD elements.
  • Add volumetric fog.
  • Picking up plants should work first person without a third person scene.
  • Make footstep sounds a bit louder.
  • Increase the radius of river sounds.
  • Fix some lip asynchron dialogs.
  • Fix the bug that subtitles can’t get disabled in the epilogue.
  • Make some NPCs riding on horses outside quests.
  • Add children and cats (at least a few for more historical accuracy).

Could just disable quest tracking (tab). That would be immersive in making you feel the consequences of your inattention to detail

If Henry comments when he’s hungry, it’s not unreasonable to ask that Henry comment about an event of a time sensitive nature

No’ I’m against to hear comments where Henry says what he should do and that he should hurry. This totally breaks the immersion, because I want to be Henry and not just playing a character named Henry. All information and decision should be in the head of the player.

I know where you’re coming from but it would make the game very difficult to play, most people need to stop playing now and then, after a break you don’t necessarily remember what’s urgent and what’s not. The first version of Morrowind didn’t even have a quest log, just somekind of diary, after a while tracking quests, locating quest givers becomes a nightmare. It’s always possible to go full no hud/No log/no indication whatsoever but it wouldn’t work with this game, it’s just not designed for that. To do that properly you need a very high level of graphical indications, eg arrows: you could simply see the arrow depleting in the quiver, see your wounds, see the a actual items in your pouch, a personal diary you’d have to manually fill… With that kind of details you can remove the hud altogether. On the other hand they should get rid of the combat lock-on system, it’s not practical, it’s immersion breaking and it’s a hindrance.

Nice suggestion, let’s look at what will be implemented

Great suggestions here :smiley:

Also it would be neat some features like:

• More of a balanced cash system to make the game last longer. After a while you have too much coin and makes the game a little less enjoyable, especially with nothing to spend it on.
    - Perhaps make certain rare items very expensive
    - Buying Land?
    - Donating your coin to Churches?
    - Ect

• Add more animals, maybe some rare ones so that they are hard to find, to make it all that much more rewarding whilst on your hunt.

• “A given” More Weapons & Armour, maybe some more enemy NPC’s too
    - Maybe add some rare weapon drops to make the finds much more exiting.

• Anything to make this great game last longer and add some “Grind” to it :grinning: