Quest (If you cant beat em) Can't talk to the wounded loudmouth - Help?

Yeah brawling with Punch was my work around. Luckily I slept to get a saved file before I did the entire quest.

I made a deal with the boys, and now i cant fight them
 so im stuck on this quest it seems

I thought so too at first. But punch actually go back to The tanners place after some days. And then you can fight them :smile:

1 Like

I can’t fix his leg for some reason. Also I’m stuck with the permanent surrender glitch!!! Ugh. I went back to talk to the brawlers after a few days and after beating them again I still can’t get it to work.

You can go to the brother Nicodimus to talk about healing the wounded, he gives you a recipe for healing, you go make it, give it to the insomniac, but after that nothing, i talk to Johanka and cant do anything with it. the quest is probably bugged, as are many others.

I am stuck too, I have First aid 2 but still i cant talk to him.

Had the same issue, i was keen on trying this mission without having to do the whole “fight-club” thing. I went to the tanner to help him with his problem with the brawlers, but dubbelcrossed the tanner and took the option of splitting the reward with the fight leader, i did all the other subquests and was stuck as u. My solution was to just sit and wait for the fight-club to come back to the area where they once was and wait on a bench until a few days later they would appear again (around 22.00). So just wait at the arena and fight all five then the quest will continue! :sunglasses:

Am I dumb or is the loudmouth not here for me. I go in the area where it says he should be and the marker is on top of an empty bed.

1 Like

Im having the same issue with the loudmouth. Im also having trouble with the brawlers as one of them is somehow afriad of me and keeps running away. Punch however, keeps telling me i have to fight the guy that keeps running away before he will fight me. My main quest is pretty much broken

Thx You can still get the meeting place after you talk to the leather guy, it can take a while to beat all of them but it does work. After you defeat punch you have to talk to him when he wakes up.

So i had this bug to, the way i fixed it was doing the tanner part. after a while the guys that you fought with, wil tell you that there are some people in the town looking for big buys like you. and thats how i moved on

I know this is kind of an old thread, but I wanted to make it clear that this glitch or whatever it is can be overcome.
I don’t know what actually causes the glitch with the wounded loudmouth, though I suspect it is the healing of the leg prior to the quest. Anyway the fix to continue the quest is to go fight the ruffians behind the tanner’s house and wait for punch to come to. He will then tell you where to go to continue the quest. If you already beat him up and ran off before he comes back to consciousness like I did, just go back around 2100 the next day and he’ll give you the intel. It seems like this answer has been referred to several times in this thread, but not explicitly stated, so here it is one more time: Go fight the guys behind the tanner’s house to get past the wounded loudmouth. Stay until Punch comes to, and he will give you the intel to complete the quest without the wounded loudmouth’s input. You will fail the TALK TO THE WOUNDED LOUDMOUTH objective, but until a patch comes out for the bug, if it ever does, this is a way better option than sacrificing hours of progress. For future players, don’t heal anybody until you get to the IF YOU CAN’T BEAT 'EM quest.

If you’re dead set on helping the sick, I managed to get it to work. It’s pretty finicky so save frequently. Here are the major issues I ran into:

Make sure you’ve finished the Pestilence quest. More than likely you were left waiting for the disease to clear up. The last task is actually to go talk to Melichar. Afterwards you’ll be able to talk to Johanka as well as Brother Nicomedus.

When it comes time to set the man’s leg, first click “use” to initiate the Johanna dialogue, then set the leg. And after all 3 patients are treated, if you should encounter a game crashing bug in the final dialogue with the custodian, skip the dialogue before the crash can occur (esc on pc).

All the posts I am seeing say Feb 18 is this 2018 or or 2019? Has this been fixed? I’ve literally dropped this game after the first month of release because I couldn’t get past the first stable attack from bugs got back into it a week or two ago done all side quests up to this mission minus relationships and devil quest (avoiding sex and killing this play through it’s tough) I am tired of looking up every quest cause they’re all bugged