Question and Answers BUG WORKAROUND

My solution to the issue -
My situation was the same as some of the others here - Provided correct cure, interrogated prisoner, radzig rides off into the sunset, no cut scene.
I loaded a save mid way through the quest. At this stage I had to meet Brother Nicodemus and distribute the cure to the village. I did this, but instead of waiting to see if the cure worked, I crouched and ‘knocked out’ the prisoner, then looted the letter from his unconscious body. This then updates the quest so you can go straight to Radzig and bypass the waiting. The cut scene is then triggered without issue. The scene plays out as though the prisoner died of the disease. You fail the objective ‘Interrogate the prisoner’ but complete the quest ‘Questions and answers’. Going back to the town, and the prisoner is still alive and is sleeping off the disease. The quest marker still shows active for ‘Wait to see what happens’.
So I am hoping this all pans out, and the prisoner may actually survive the whole ordeal. Will be interesting to see how this works :stuck_out_tongue:

Update - The pestilence quest is able to complete after waiting. Melichar thanks you, an no option appears in regards to the prisoner. Checking on the Prisoner, he is still soundly sleeping, and being looked after. Radzig thinks he is dead, and the village no longer tries to kill him. He now gets to live out his days being waited on hand a foot, a happy ending :stuck_out_tongue:

For me Radzig is stuck on the horsefarm of Neuhof. I can talk to him but cant get the mission go on. I’v saved the vilage from the poisonin talked to the prisoner and got his letter but still cant continue the quest

Bernard is stuck at neuhoff, I cannot get an arena training from him… Is there a workaround to fix this?

what seemed to work for me was if u have a save file before or during the quest where you help the villagers first before meeting Sir Rodzig, Do Not Save or use a potion. at least that seemed to have done it for me(u can save anytime before interrogating the bandit

For me radzig is on encampment but the game won’t move to the next quest and after radzig was briefed about my successful interrogation, the next dialogue with him would made him ask again about the plague, as if I haven’t done them all

I will try to find radzig before I finished both the plague quests first to report to him about the situation, see if that fix this mess…

Same for me, he just goes straight to Neihof after first cutscene and standing there.

ok thank you for the input everyone, but we are not talking PC computer’s this is PS4 and xbox, i have been to nearly every village and farm to find radzig, i should not have to lose game time by repeatedly going back and fourth loading save file’s to do quest’s multiple diferent way’s to get the game to complete!,

if warhorse cant put out a game that function’s as it is supposed to then its there fault, i would also remind everyone that the whole reason for the beta test was to address these problem’s, and they haven’t,

instead of enjoying this game right now i find my self not wanting to pick the game up and try and progress, after it is only sprite’s displayed on a screen to entertain you not disappoint you, never had these problem’s on the old amiga 500/ CBM64, new tech poor programing,

same for me tho, you got any solution ?

Doesn’t matter what platform everybody is having this issue

You can try to do something with quest file Scripts.pak\Libs\AI\quests\q_captiveInMerhojed.xml

Well did not work for me to. And I am not going to change somting in the file before I break the game completely

The second solution still doesn’t work. Once you talk to him, he just either walks away or gets on his horse and rides away. And then I’ve tried waiting, fast traveling to another town and coming back to the camp site, there is no way to trigger the cut scene and your stuck.

The issue is to do with the coding of the quest, not software or hardware, so platform is irrelevant. At first I was taken aback by your nonconstructive negativity, and blame seeking, rather than trying to help and address. However I do actually understand your frustration. Although the game is not officially in early access, I still regard it as such, due to the developers still continuing to update and address the issues present.

However a console user, is typically a person who wants everything to be ‘plug and play’ and work out of the box. The games they are exposed to are vastly, if not almost entirely AAA games. So this creates differing expectations. Due to this I do believe it was a mistake on the developers part to release to the console market so soon. Due to the differing expectations, this could create unwanted criticism. The game would have benefited greatly from going into early access on Steam for a month or 2 before hand, to iron out these issues.

Same here… he just walks away after i tell him i interrogated the prisoner. I did the quest about Mrhojed like 9 gameplay hours ago, so i would really like to repair this bug. Any new solutions?

I won’t read everything but since I just finished this quest and was able to reproduce bug and found it’s cause. I have no idea how to fix it after it’s already kicked in. But I have idea how to avoid it and I’ve posted it on Steam:

The problem is saving then loading AFTER you finish the interrogation but BEFORE talking to Sir Radzig.
It will kill the cutscene needed to end the quest.
Basically the same bug as with catching 3 Nightingales sidequest that gets killed if you save/load between trapping those birds and returning them to questgiver - some data value needed for proper cutscene execution doesn’t get saved from memory and is lost upon loading the game.

This is the autosave you should start from and then don’t save/load the game again until you talk to Sir Radzig, it doesn’t matter will you finish Pestilence first or not:

EDIT:
Seems that xue12301 here already did exactly this. :thumbup:
Ah well… Next time I’ll check here before trying to reproduce a bug then answering on Steam.

Also, same bug for me (find Radzig in his room in Rattay and can talk to him, but cannot trigger the cutscene).

Is there any known intention from the developers to adress this in an upcoming update/bugfix?
because this is game-breaking and i can’t keep on playing until it is fixed (done practically all other side-quests).

PS: and I’m already 49 hours into the game, starting from scratch is no option :wink:

This is happening for me as well, exhausted dialogue with Sir radzig, and no cutscene. Stuck with no main quest :confused: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV3C3dWcsEc&feature=youtu.be