Question and Answers BUG WORKAROUND

As a busy man you I’m sure you understand the importance of every free hour of your time that you have to spend on your hobbies. With that said, some of us spent some time doing side quests, like myself, where I had about 18-20 hours of gametime between the bugged quest autosave and the point I’m currently at in game. I’d rather not throw these hours out through the window to go back. So it is kinda problematic :slight_smile:

With that said, we should wait patiently and see whether upcoming patch will fix anything. I work in QA for AAA titles myself, so I’m not gonna grab any pitchforks :stuck_out_tongue: Lets keep it calm. I second one of the opinions here though, key blockers usually mean overtime and swift actions.

Edit: Oh, and testing a game with such open environment and variables like this, especially for new company is quite an achievement and a lesson to remember. All the possibilities…I’m not surprised to see so many bugs.

1 Like

I’m trying not to be nervous and in my work we had a lot of fuckup’s. I understand that making games is not an easy job, but generally if you are part of a dev team, you probably know, that saing to customers that they’re wrong, they shoud spend a lot of extra time for workaround or they should wait for the crucial fix as long as it takes (probably a week or more on PC where patch can be distributed in notime) is a kind suicidal for PR.

Anyway @Pizmak is 100% right.

1 Like

same here man, i finished all my side quests, have nothing left to do now since main quest is broken. because i did so many side quests, i dont have a save to roll back to. so now im completely stuck

1 Like

Its few minutes worc to help hundreds peoples here and on redit. One command for console to restart this quest. But i see thats it to hard for devs. more then 10 days after first player with this blocking status bug and still no any answer. You understand of course, thai it was my last purchase from warhorse. And i will send negative respond to steam and gamemags.

1 Like

I would expect the patch fixing this to hit during this week on PC as they have already confirmed that the new 1.3 patch will be sent for certification on consoles during this week. I really hope that this particular quest is fixed.

1 Like

@WH_janrucker I don’t want to sound intrusive, but I’ve seen the Community Manager call upon your opinion in one of the bug threads. Would you find a minute to let us know what is the status of this blocker in relation to the 1.3 patch? If the fix is on its way, will the quest need to be restarted or can we use the console command to push the quest further and not lose the progress? I’d appreciate any word on this.

In short, the problem is that Radzig is either unresponsive and does not want to talk about the Questions and Answers quest or does talk about it, but fails to trigger a cutscene after we talk with him in the camp near Talmberg. This makes us stuck in the main questline.

2 Likes

It’s unbelievable that there’s still no fix for this, i won’t go back 10 hours of playing side quests for this, at all. this game is more expensive than witcher 3 was and there’s no official positioning from the company about a bug that is easily triggered for the MAIN QUEST it’s not some side quest, it’s the MAIN QUEST come on. If there’s no patch until friday to solve this, i’m returning the game.

2 Likes

Really? This bug is in the game since launch? Status in issue tracker is probably something like “could not recreate” so it is in the end of the line and getting a fix in 2022.

You better make a printed manual for backers for this crap. At least that is why I backed…

Well, they are at least definitely working on it, that’s a good start. https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/968603989402116096

3 Likes

Hello everybody and @Pizmak don´t worry about it, i am glad that i can help.

This bug (Radzig is not in the camp over Talmberg) has been fixed and we are testing it. This fix SHOULD be part of the upcoming patch (v1.3).

Have good day everybody :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for working all day, lads. Say hello to Proky. :wink::wine_glass:

I just did! :)))

1 Like

Thanks. :sunglasses:
7BdgEtkGAGE

This way is bigger chance that you will break the rest of the game instead of fixing it :slight_smile:

Also, want to add to the upper comment.

You may have a command to switch between stages and routes in the quest, but it’s much more complicated as it seems to you from a first sight. There’re lots of triggers, cut-scenes and choices, that you won’t be able to edit it with just a console. I can’t tell for sure how much it’s complicated, cus i haven’t checked files with quest stages and etc., but i dare to say, that things you’ve in skyrim is much simpler(I’m about having opportunity to skip quests and stages of it with console and not breaking the game(Not working for all quests) ), than we’ve here. Also, don’t forget, that there’re not many cut-scenes in skyrim, so you won’t have to worry about breaking the game.

Just easier to wait for fixes, but don’t worry, it won’t take too long. Stay with us, don’t forget about this game. :wink::wine_glass:

Thank you for the response Jan. With the console command, what I had in mind was to change as little as possible, so for example if the cutscene is not triggering, we might try to force it through the command just enough to move the quest forward. Or enable a requirement that is missing from the trigger. I’d like to avoid going back to a previous save game after patch 1.3.

There is also a bug in which he is there (also he walks away after talking to him), but a cutscene, as much as I understand, that should start there doesn’t. Is that also fixed or being fixed?

Similar cause, part of the fix.

email: jan.rucker@warhorsestudios.cz
https://twitter.com/jan_rucker

1 Like

Just to make sure, my problem is not only with Radzig missing but the fact that I interrogated the prisoner before, so the quest itself is saying for me to interrogate again.

Second that! Console command to push things along would be great!

1 Like