Question for Warhorse Team, Dr. Fusselpulli, et al

PC player here… Is there a way I can change the save system to unlimited saves in my game files, by changing the values of savory schnapps from 1 to 0, or something like that? I’d really love to enjoy this game, but I just can’t enjoy it without unlimited saves. I’ll await your response. Thank you!

There is, not at home so i cant get at it right now but in 80% sure

Thanks fang3412! I’ll await your response later and once you get home. Why didn’t I think of asking this question 1 year ago? LOL Hope it works!

@RobertEmerald
You know there is (are) MODs for Unlimited Save:

It´s updated for 1.9.1.
But don´t ask if they work without breaking the game… I don´t use them… :slight_smile:

@DrFusselpulli
(I love the save system how it is, but there are a mass of people how wants and needs an unlimited save option.)

If Warhorse looks at Nexus MODs, the unlimited save MOD is the most downloaded and installed MOD for KCD.
There are 195.000 unique and 541.000 DL at all. That are 20% of KCD (PC)buyers!!!

That is an argument that counts. If WH listens to her fans, they should make an easy/visitor/disabled play mod(with unlimited saving).
Are there plans for doing this(a patch for the Royal Edition)?

What´s about HUD customization?
Why not allow in normal/easy Mod to turn it off, if people want it? In HC it is (nearly)off! So there is not an real point against it.
Look at Nexus how many MODs are just for HUDs…
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/?BH=2

2 Likes

Blacksmith, Yes, I am well aware of Mods, but I refuse to use them, for very obvious reasons. And yes, all I am asking is for Warhorse to give us the option to unlimited saving, for those of us who want to play that way. As it would be implemented as an “optional” setting, everyone else could still play without unlimited saves as well. Now everyone would be happy with their save settings. Thanks for trying, but I’m still waiting for fang3412 to respond back and see if he’s got that magical solution that I’m looking for. I also messaged Dr.Fusselpulli, but have not heard back from him. Time will tell the final outcome of this issue.

Fang 3412, I think I found what you were going to send me, but it still might fail, due to patch updates and mess the perks up too. If this isn’t it, then I hope you have a better and safer magical solution. Anyway ,here is one manual save solution I found on the web:

If you prefer to do everything manually, there’s a way to do that, too, provided by Neoseeker. It might be that one of the mods is based on this method. According to them, this system requires at least one savior schnapps in your inventory, but it won’t get consumed. They do note that this method “renders many perks weak or useless,” so keep that in mind. Again, back up all the important files before doing this, and don’t expect it to last after patches. Here’s how to perform this:

1. Navigate to your install folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance).
  2. Open the data folder.
  3. Backup the GameData.pak file just in case.
  4. Right click GameData.pak and select 7-Zip (download and install it if you don’t have it) > Open archive.
  5. Navigate to Libs\UI\UIActions\ and open MM_SaveGame.xml with Wordpad or Notepad (or another text editor of your choice).
  6. Hit Ctrl + F and search for the two lines that say UsePotion=”1″.
  7. Replace the 1 with a 0 in both instances and save the file. Say yes when it asks if you want to save the changes you made to the archive.
  8. Close everything and start the game. Now you can save from the menu at any time.

Yeah im so sorry, got into a bit of personal issues

That is what i was referring to.

Hope you got everything straightened out. I’ll just keep waiting until Warhorse gives us an optional unlimited saves option, or, wait until they install their final patch for the game, so I then can install an updated and stable mod, or a manual fix like this one, whenever that might be? I’ve waited over a year, so I can wait another year or so to finally play and enjoy this game, the way I want to play it. Thanks for responding back!

1 Like

Yes, you are right, we are aware of this number, and know how many people actually play with these mods involved.
Unfortunately, this topic is more complex than it might seem, so we discussed it within our team already.

2 Likes