Rattay Tournament - Herald is not there

Hello,

I wanted to start the tournament. Over the course of the game there have been many ways I guess. At the beginning of Rattay it told me that a tournament would start tomorrow several times. I checked but couldn’t find the herald even though a quest marker implied he should be arround. Later I started the quest with the blacksmiths son. Still I cant find the Herald. I now got the quest to “start the tournament”, the citizens of Rattay are waiting for it to begin … but I never see the Herald even though I got Questmarkers for it … at the end of the marker there is just nothing.

Is there a way to spawn or respawn this guy?

1 Like

is it morning already? You have time till 15:00 on that day to talk with the herald

Sorry, herald should be there every day, even if no tourney

There is no herald. Not in his room, not in the courtyard where the tournament is held.

The tournament seems to be buggy right now. Mine will start right after completing awakening, despite not even having trained with Bernard. If I don’t go there the next day, I will fail the quest.

Take a look at your quest tab, look if the tournamenet quest appears at your ‘‘failed’’ quest tab. Maybe that’s why the Herald is not showing up?

It wasn’t. As I said I had the quest marker for both the DLC Tournament and the standard tournament (if that is correct?). I then tried to kind of restart the tournament by commiting a crime near the arena. It failed, but still the people are gathering around the arena and so far no herald has showed up and the quest did not restart.

That sounds weird. I mean if your not using mods, sounds like something messed up with the save somehow…You could try downloading the “cheat” mod from nexus and installing that. There are cheats to find npc and spawn them. So you could try finding him and teleporting to his coordinates if the game finds him. If it doesn’t find him, you could try spawning him in and seeing if he takes over his role as normal.
At least this way, you could spawn him in and not have to restart your save(hopefully).

So anyone knows Herald’s soul ID? Or is there a way to learn it in-game?Tried spawning him with Cheat mod using “herald” token, but it spawns a totally different NPC. Also tried digging into v_soul_character_data, but there are no “Herald” named npcs at all. Probably his soul ID looks like “char_XY_uiName” and there are 565 of such IDs

Did you solve your problem? Found the Herald?
On the day of the Tournament the Herald is near the arena, standing behind a speakers desk or sits close by, if i recall correctly. If the tournament is on going, you can identify the herald easy, it its the guy shouting/announcing what fight you are seeing.
If you miss the tournament do not worry, the quest will fail but after one week it will activate again.

Dug it up myself, it’s char_550_uiName and the soul_id is 62b32840-5015-48ef-bb87-21f97da1c6e8.
Just spawn him with cheat_spawn_npc and talk to him

… to get the “come back tomorrow” bug.

Hey there. I know this thread is old. But what I’ll write now is for all the people with the same issues since you can’t find any solutions for it on Steam or on the Web.
What I did is following:

1. Delete ALL Mods.

2. Install Cheat Mod from Nexusmods. You can find it by using google.

3. Load your Savegame where the Herald “doesn’t exist”. And be sure to make another savegame for the case if this will not work for you.

4. Press the Key to open console (for Germans like me it is ^for americans/other it’s probably ~)

5. Use the Cheat (type) “cheat_find_npc token:Tournament Master” - The Game now will tell you his coordinates so you can be sure he is there but is just not visible at all. You don’t have to get to his coordinates you just want to be sure that he is there. Well he has been always there.

6. Now Kill that mothertrucker by using following cheat “cheat_kill_npc token:tournament master”. See you in hell, mate.

7. Now spawn a new tourney Master. A much nicer one. By using “cheat_spawn_npc token:Tournament Master”. There you go. There will be 2 new Tournament Master NPC’s for I-don’t-know-what-reason. But it’s normal. It’s even written in the Mod description for the cheat tool. There will be probably a way to just spawn the right one and leave his useless tournament master brother behind. I will have to figure it out somehow. You probably can teleport the fake herald away by using another cheatcomand and the right SoulID.

8. Be happy.

1 Like

Hello from the future. I’m stuck with the same issue with the missing herald. I’ve gone through your fix step by step but after I spawn the new tourney master and enroll in the tourney instead of fighting in the ring the dialogue just ends with me standing there. At that point I can just try to enroll with the herald again where I encounter the same bug of the poster above where he just says I’ll have to wait a few days even though I just enrolled moments earlier. As a side note I’ve never once in this playthrough seen people dueling in the ring only peasants watching in silence.

My question for you is are there any other details that you can think of that happened during the process of this workaround that you didn’t list here? Everything in your post feels like a step in the right direction but I just can’t for the life of me get the tourney to start. But man after seeing the new herald spawn and have the correct dialogue options and everything I just feel like I’m so close to salvaging this 100hr playthrough so I’m hoping for a miracle.

Same thing here. I spawned the new one in and all looked good until after I selected my weapon, I was kicked out of the dialouge and nothing else happened.

I use mods, but the ones I currently have download I have been using for ages without a problerm. The problems started yesterday when the Herald wasn’t outside. I spawned him in but couldn’t even get a dialouge. I did download some more mods yesterday but deleted all of the (except for the ones listed below) but as I mentioned I have been using those a lot longer.

Please Help
The list of mods I have are
Cheat
RicherMerchents10k
Unlimited Weight
UnlimitedSaving (NS)
Bow Reticle

Just joining the group here. I’ve tried everything everyone here suggested and some other things (including modifying the “Cheat” mod with a custom quest reset function). I’ve gotten the “Herald” NPC to respawn as others have but but no matter what I do I can’t get him to give me the quest dialog option to enroll in the tourney. Posting here in case anyone has a new/working idea - I’m 20+ hours in and REALLY don’t want to have to restart for this (plus no guarantee quest will work the next playthrough) :frowning:

Update 1: So I loaded up my game w/no mods (after a steam file validation, unsure if this did anything) and I was able to get the real Herald NPC to spawn (some semi-lookalike Herald showed up too). Anyhow I finally got the “Enrol in the Tourney” dialog option but now I am (like others?) stuck in the “waiting a few days” until the next tourney? Does anyone know if eventually the tourney does happen and/or if there’s a way to trigger it via commands/mods?