Real life herbalism

In the game when you combine belladonna and nettle you make savior schnapps. In real life what would brewing these two plants together create? I personally have grown both but have never tried to use belladonna as I only grow it for ornemental purposes in my garden.

I have grown stinging nettle and created nettle tea as an herbal fertilizer for many of my plants. And they seem to react well to it. If you have ever run into nettle you would know that touching it without leather gloves etc is a bad idea. Hence the part in the name “Stinging”. Ive made the mistake once and only once. The other times I accidently brushed against it. Nettle teas are supposed to be really good for you.

General Uses. Stinging nettle has been used for hundreds of years to treat painful muscles and joints, eczema, arthritis , gout, and anemia. Today, many people use it to treat urinary problems during the early stages of an enlarged prostate called benign prostatic hyperplasia.

Herbalism, Botany, and Alchemy has always interested me. The sheer enjoyment I get from watching a plant go from seed to thriving plant is almost indescribable.

And yes i am very aware of the dangers associated with messing with belladonna and take the necessary precautions when dealing with any plant that could be harmful to my health. So their is no need to remind me. Lets try to keep this civil if you decide to comment please. Ill try to do the same.

Though widely regarded as unsafe, belladonna is used as a sedative, to stop bronchial spasms in asthma and whooping cough, and as a cold and hay fever remedy. It is also used for Parkinson’s disease, colic, motion sickness, and as a painkiller.

If this are the uses for a belladonna extract than it makes very little sense henry would be gulping it at the rate he does lmao. In all seriousness he’s likely be dead from an apparent overdose. I find it a bit ironic the Devs would choose this mixture of herbs for the savior schnapps. Maybe they can chime in as to what their deciding factors where.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this subject and any experience they might have had making their own brews.

Cheers.

Belladonna Source: https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-531/belladonna
Stinging Nettle Source: http://pennstatehershey.adam.com/content.aspx?productId=107&pid=33&gid=000275