My system config:

Intel i5 4440
Gigabyte B85D3H
HyperX 8GB DDR3 Ram x2 nos
Dell 1920x1080 60hz display
WD 1TB HDD x2 nos
Seasonic G550 RM 80 Plus Gold PSU
Windows 10 Pro fresh build (latest)
All drivers latest ones with WHQL signatures.
With almost all resolutions, I get very choppy game play with frame rates 30 to 7 (even at 1366x768 resolution in low graphics setting).
its ridiculous!
Its a fresh windows 10 install ( I had to do it cause I bought the game from Windows store).

I even overclocked the GPU with MSI After Burner to like 2K in clocks but nothing is happening.

BTW, in GPUZ, I noticed my CPU is running at 77 C ! May be its caused by CPU hitting its temperature limit ?

Your CPU is a little bit slow. I have a i5 4690K, and also can make use of more :slight_smile: For KCD you should use a 9000+

1 Like

How much FPS you are getting ?

The fact that I can’t even get good frames even at 1366x768 means something seriously wrong with my system, IMO.

Anyway, I applied some fresh thermal paste to the cpu heatsink and re-seated my gpu.
Let’s see what happens tomorrow

Its been a while now, but I remember this happening in a few games I owned. Try deleting all overclocking software, and run at base clock speeds. Also if you have any fan controller software, I would try uninstalling that as well. I would have games run absolutely terrible as you described with these types of software installed, but after deleting, ran much better.

Just a thought, good luck!

I only have MSI After Burner.

I’ll delete the overclocking profiles and uninstall the software.

Thanks for the suggestion.

FPS shows 30+ anytime, but when turning around in fight, it looks like 3 FPS (i assume because of the CPU). The FPS is still shown as 30+ (Nvidia overlay)
Overclocking helped me a little bit (mainboard feature) :slight_smile:

Interesting!

So, I need to upgrade ?

If we wanna play KCD smooth, Yes :slight_smile:

According Steam recommended.
Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz, AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
So, why do we suffer from a lack of performance? Because of the i7?

I’m guessing the same! May be the game need 8 logical cores ?

Well, I got the CPU thermal paste re-done and now, its working as it should!

I’m getting around 40 FPS at 1980x1080 in high preset with AF turned off. The lowest I ever got was 25 fps.
The choppiness disappeared.

But yeah, I’ll still upgrade after this lock down. Going for an AMD build.
[EDIT]
What I meant to say in the latter part of my reply is that I have resolved the choppiness issue and the game runs really well. The visuals, especially that of the forest is amazing. Its almost like a movie!!
Kudos to the developers!

1 Like