Repairing Costs

Has anyone else been utterly shocked by how much it costs to repair armour? I started the game by trying to get myself some pretty knighlty looking gear, a few cuman encounters later and i’m paying the armoursmith 1.4K groschen, this could probably be avoided with armour kits or simply gitting gud at combat but even then, this seems just a tad on the unforgiving side.

Haha same here. Then you fix your clothes too. I have started using the kits to try build it up as much as I can. Because this upkeep is cleaning me out.

Tailor kit gets burned up way too easily relative to other kits

1 Like

Yeah i had to reduce my armor until i had more money, buy kits early and keep everything maintaned because once its too low for a kit repair, youre gonna pay a lot.

I wish they’d add mini games to repair, like the grinder for weapons

Already in the game my friend. There is generally a grind wheel at blacksmith, and there is one in the sword shop in Ratty.

1 Like

Well i mean for armor too

Agree, they have an armor station animation. Would be nice if we could use it to repair

1 Like

I have noticed that using a repair kit when items are seriously damaged will burn up the kit, but using it before it drops below 94-95 keeps the kit going for a very long time.

I think it should cost a lot more for high end gear. Mid game I had 30k groshen

1 Like

well I think its absolutely ok and realistic. Armor was exepnsive thing so repairs should be expensive as well :smiley: If somenone want to wear expensive stuff he needs to be rich enough. Same as today with expensive cars etc. But yeah its unforgiving side… its good to have some repair kits in horse inventory and use them. It will be better when you learn fight better (I mean you… not Henry). When you block most of attacks you will have to repair gear much less.

“I don’t understand how the game works and that upkeep is expensive”

Get good at maintenance boy, you only need some kits and you’ll never have to pay massive amounts of groschen for repairs

“fookin noob, git gud”, I’ll keep that in mind

Increase maintenance for free by repairing bandit and stolen weapons at the grinder. Then it will have better value for selling too

1 Like

Very handy, thanks!

1 Like

I told you exactly what you need to do to rid yourself of maintenance costs. It’s not my fault you weren’t capable of figuring that out by yourself.

I just liked your quote is all, i find your condescending tone charming!

Well it has only become condescending thanks to the heaps of people complaining about the saving and lockpicking system.

I apologize if I came off as too condescending

1 Like

I started doing that last night. Was able to get maintenance up to level 10 in a matter of an hour by sharpening all the crap I had stored in my trunk.

1 Like

As somebody posted above, there is so little to spend money on at midgame, that maintenance costs have to be high for some kind of econonmic balance. I had 25,000 G early on, and after that it was like crusing to the end with no money concerns

Agree it makes the game very tough in the beginning tho, but I love that sense of struggling to rise above and balance combat damage with loot and barter