Request for custom hud

Loving KC very much thank you. I’m sure it’s has been mentioned before but not being able to customize/opaque/remove the hud is extremely immersion breaking. It’s a very beautiful game to play and enjoying it but please give us this option on console and I see myself sinking crazy hours into this gorgeous game xx

4 Likes

Delete this post.

Absolutely agree. This would be a major improvement for future patches.
Removing the HUD should be possible in the options for the best immersion.

Not sure if i’ve written something wrong here mate. I can delete if need be but why though, what did i do wrong?

You have started a very important topic, just forget some idiotic comments by other users.

1 Like

Option to hide or toggle on/off everything on the screen. And please DON’T only make it to where my health appears when I draw my weapon or my stamina appears when I sprint. Lose all the perk pop ups too. Nobody wants to see “You’ve used the find more loot on corpses perk” pop up with every corpse you loot. This game already has all the visual and audio warnings about low health, stamina, hunger, and quests. All it needs is to have is the OPTION to turn on/off, or make transparent, any and every HUD element there is. Including that yellow dot. Let’s push this one through guys and gals. If a few people can cry about rather straightforward lockpicking being too hard, and get it nerfed… then we can nag about the HUD, and get these options added to the Xbox. I don’t give a shit about bugs. They are fixing bugs constantly. So no need to worry about something that is already being taken care of. WHAT DO WE WANT? NO HUD!!! WHEN DO WE WANT IT? N… well… when you get time Warhorse. :rofl:

5 Likes

Exactly. And the yellow dot should be white, smaller and transparent. It should automatically change transparency level depending of the background alpha of the screen center. On dark pixels it should be more transparent (70 %) and on bright pixels it should be less (20 %) or not transparent. This intelligent idea works very well in “Amnesia: The Dark Descent”.

2 Likes

Hi, this is a very good request, as is anything that relates to a better experience of this beautiful game. As a matter of fact, with the tobii eye tracker (a wonderful device that is well supported by KCD and greatly enhances the experience BTW), the HUD becomes transparent when you look elsewhere and more opaque when you look at it…

2 Likes

An option to remove the HUD is a must in every game! For people who like full immersion and at least when you want to make beautiful screenshots or videos without using Ansel/Shadowplay function.

I know that mods could solve this, but an official in game option would be the best solution!

2 Likes

if you are a pc user, check nexusmods or open your console and type : g_showHUD 0

@Alano_69
I want an official in game option, no mods or cheat commands.
But thanks.

1 Like

I added this in user.cfg:

Bind 8 “g_showhud 0”
Bind 9 “g_showhud 1”

Key “8” is HUD OFF, “9” is ON.
You can use any other keys wich aren’t used by the game, just try.

And to replace the yellow dot I use the “veryunintrusiveReticle” nexus mod.

Is this cheating? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

I do not want to have the yellow dot removed, I want to have it semi-transparent and smaller.
The best solution would be to minimize the HUD generally by making it more slim and then adding sliders in the options to customize the transparency (0-100 %) for every HUD element such as the compass, health bars, symbols and the yellow dot.

If this your answer to my post, please read again what I wrote:
replace, not remove. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, but better to have an official solution than a mod.

No HUD is necessary for some gamers.

When I first got a reference screen plasma TV no game systems were hooked up to it for over 2000hours.
(The first 2000 hours are worst for burn in)
Then console games with no HUD elements. …

Using the console command to remove HUD means that not even dice game can be played ingame. Nor conversations…

Using that same plasma for KCD due to its colour accuracy and greyscale/contrast.
I love it - but bright yellow and red onscreen for hours sucks.
And thousands of hours in skyrim with no cross hair makes that fantasy game ‘more realistic’ arguably…

Anyhow not fun moving my very heavy PC case into its tiny hidy hole in my bedroom where the 21:9 is.
The 21:9 is a reasonably (<2 jncd) colour accurate screen but has nothing on the reference screen.
The reference screen running through a flagship surround receiver.
The loungeroom would be the place to play the game (and share with others), if not for that damn immersion breaking, useless HUD.

My partner has learned to pick flowers without a crosshair.
No ‘burn in’ be praised…

1 Like

Official HUD customization would be nice and frankly in 2018 should be standard…
Another question is why they designed the HUD to be su f-ing ugly, big and annoying. That design was their choice after all. ???

2 Likes

The HUD already is very minimalistic and slim compared to most other games, especially AAA games. But it should be still reduced to a most minimalistic limit. The yellow dot could be smaller (for PC version), compass and health bars could be thinner. And all of it should have customizable transparency. So everyone can decide what he want to see and how much visible.

No HUD would at least increase 30 % of immersion. And you really don’t need the HUD. You feel when health or stamina is too low. There are already feedback effects for it. And you don’t need the compass. You can press M to open the map and look whether you are walking or riding in the right direction. But an option would make everyone happy.

Personally think compass should be bought and could be looked at (in hand/on body by looking down)

Some games put all the info needed in the ingame graphics. In this game we have plenty of sound cues as well.
Stamina running low -grunts tire, screen washes out.
Damage can be done same way.
Nothing a toggle button couldnt fix- and as already stated- individual elements should be adjustable.
Transparency
Size
Position

Its kinda obvious that when a status change happens maybe a necessary visual feedback. …

Using console command to remove HUD sometimes has our poor Henry ealking around for hours on very sore and tired (alright, ‘broken’) feet.

That isnt fair.
Foot spas arent frequently gifted Christmas presents for hundreds of years.

2 Likes

I would also like that you first have to buy a map of the region to be able to use it. That would even increase the realistic feeling instead “it’s a game”. Generic stuff is something that should not belong in Kingdom Come. In Gothic you first have to buy a map and find someone in the Old Camp who draws them. This is one thing why Gothic is the indicator and paradigm of organic game design, even from the fantasy genre.

3 Likes