Resolution Problem

Hi I am having an issue. I have a 1080 ti and have a 1440p monitor hooked up via display port and a 1080p monitor hooked up via HDMI and when both are hooked up the 1440p option is not available in the game options.

When I disconnect the 1080p monitor the option is there and if I select 1440p resolution and save it once I reconnect the smaller monitor it reverts the game settings back to 1080p.

Is there a way to force the resolution? This seems like an obvious bug but it could also be my hardware. It seems very strange to me that I can’t just choose whatever resolution I want.

Anyway Thank you for your time

Update:

Thank you for taking the time to review my original problem. I have found a solution that works for me.

I placed an HDMI Downscaler in between the Gaming Computer and the Monitor… I actually believe that the problem was caused by the second monitor being mirrored to an Elgato HD60 Pro. I have had issues with the Elgato not producing an EDID for the correct resolution.

The Downscaler I am using is the “Sewell Echo v2, HDMI to HDMI Upscaler/Downscaler.”

This solution worked for me. It’s a fairly expensive solution but is less than buying a 4k capture card, and it maintains my ability to stream.

Again, Thank you for taking a look at this and I hope this helps someone else. If you find an alternative solution please let me know.

1 Like