Resting Bug

Whenever I try to sleep I wait for long periods of time which I understand as the game is in beta and the game is rendering everything that’s occurring when you’re sleeping. But when I am finished sleeping the “Rest” Meter doesn’t increase at all.

On the game I last slept for about 10-12 hours and my character was still tired when he awoke. The Hunger Meter had decreased and food was rotting.

Is anyone else having this bug? Is there any fixes Players know about?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie17694

There are two types of waiting.
Passing time while still ‘active’ - just sitting around. It increases hunger, tiredness by the minimum amount for that passage of time, but doesn’t aid recovery of either. Has no requirement beyond being ‘uninjured’ and not in combat.

Sleeping. Hunger increases, and tiredness decreases, to the limit of the bed quality. This is often only 80% rest, or sometimes 60% - only some of the ‘private’ interior beds routinely increase this to 100% but with a few exceptions these cannot be used without tresspassing (which is a crime). I think there is one which is safe to use at the bath house.

My guess would be that you are sleeping on beds which are only rated as 80%-50% in barns, forest camps etc, and this is capping the amount that can be rested. There are sleeping potions - these might improve the rest quality of a given bed, but I must admit to not yet having tried this variation on the mechanics.

1 Like

Hello there @Lieste

I’ll load up the game later and try it out to see if this helps at all. It could be possible that this might of been the issue. But I couldn’t really tell when it was happening. I didn’t take the capping into consideration as I thought it meant that it would take longer to reach fully rested.

Thanks for the quick response. Wasn’t expecting to hear anything from anyone for a few hours at least.

Jamie17694

That might be a problem of the bed. Try a different bed for sleeping. The rest should go up to the rest of the bed.