Review and thoughts about the ending and why its extremely disappointing (semi spoiler free)

Before I get into this, I loved this game, even through all those buggy messed up quests, the game always made up for it with intense, life like cutscenes and a feeling of worth and meaning, which is rarely done in an RPG. I thorougly enjoyed the story, its captivating as fuck, apart from some tedious quest’s such as the infiltration of blank, if you’ve got to that point im sure you know what I mean.

The main problem I have with KC;D is how its unreliable, what I mean by this is, sometimes I feel like a total badass, especially in those big battles, but then sometimes you face off against one bandit, who for some reason, has the stamina of a stallion and can reposte every strike I throw at him, albeit I always end up defeating them, its just a little demotivating, also a small issue, in certain cutscenes, npc’s and I had different armor/clothing to what they and I have outside of mentioned cutscenes, not a huge issue, but does break immersion.

Now I would like to get into the ENDING, so if you dont wan’t spoilers i’d advise you click away.

I don’t have much to say, the first part of the ending while you siege the castle etc. was GREAT, but I’m extremely disappointed still, I felt like the game was setting me up for another adventure after that meeting you have with the Lords, but nope, you listen to some bullshit, ride a horse and THE END, I know the game gives you a chance to go do sidequests, but come on who really wants to go hunt a hare with some random huntsman or pickpocket someone for 50 groschen, I know the ending is most likely a set up for DLC, but I was a tad bit disappointed is all, I thought this game would stand out from other RPG’s and give us a reason to play the game after the ending, after all a lot could’ve been added, since we’re technically a noble now, or atleast a “nobles bastard” as Sir Hans puts it. I swear, if this was just a money grab, and they don’t introduce new acts, I will cry, this game has so much potential, I thought it would stand out from other RPGs such as Skyrim, but no, in the end, it all means nothing, you can go and bump into a guard and they call you a lout, you walk into a private area, and the Bailiff will come and tell you to get out and threaten to arrest you and pull his weapon out, maybe I was hoping for too much realism but they assured realism, and I’m just not satisfied, sorry about the rant, just so bummed out by this missed opportunity, the gaming industry has seemingly gone to shit especially in the RPG genre, besides TW3 ofc.

3 Likes

I agree, however I don’t have a problem with guards/bailiffs still upholding the law. I think there should’ve been more choices that effect multiple outcomes throughout the main story, and this is just too big of a cliffhanger, they really need to release an expansion as soon as possible.

However, we need to understand that they don’t quite have the crew that The Witcher 3 had. (I beat the Witcher 3 the morning of KC:D release, so I was a little spoiled but still LOVED KC:D) I’m still playing KC:D even after this weird ending, just trying to get passed it, little immersion breaking.

2 Likes

I will have to agree with both of you I play it still after the ending, but it doesn’t feel the same. All these other side quest feel pointless and have no true meaning to Henry’s goal. And im sitting around with gear that gives me 40+ amour rating I really have no more progressing to do. I have my character set up the way I won’t. The way the game ended with a huge cliffhanger is awful and very discouraging.

I understand that the guards/bailiff will not bend to my will if I just think I can do whatever I want and say for example rob a store, I just find it frustrating when I walk into a room in the castle for example, and a guard comes and says “get out before I lose my temper” like they could’ve at least made it so people would recognise your rise in social status, its not like Henry near the end of the game is a peasant. Actually, now that I think of it, for most of the game if you follow the main quest, you’re pretty much a noble, not a full on Sir or Lord or whatever, but for God’s sake, you’re a squire for a Lord who is close friends with King Wenceslas, that ought to mean something, and don’t get me started on how you find out you’re the son of a Lord. I just want some recognition for who I am, to see that I matter in the world, I don’t think it’s very immersive or realistic that a guard can tell me off like i’m a peasant.

I can’t argue with anything you just said really. I totally agree, I also believe there should be more choice, making henry a total asshole in the main story should be an option. But then again, this is the only real problem with having a set character instead of your own character customization.

Yeah, I agree, but look at Fallout 4, in my opinion that game actually has more choice to be an asshole and in general more choice in the long run, from what I read before I bought this game I believed my choices would effect the world around me, but it didn’t at all, no matter how many times you play the game again, you will get the same ending, which is well to say the least disappointing. Compare to that to fallout 4 which got a ton of hate, where u have so many ways to finish the main quest line, which is what I was hoping for here, but with even more options and realism. I understand Bethesda is HUGE compared to WH studio’s, but they promised realism and a ton of options that would effect the world.