Roads and travel

I feel like this game has the same problem with roads that skyrim has, i follow the map markers and the roads do not, when i follow the road i always end up kust running at the marker on the map, would it be possible to remove the roads and watch the players in beta to see how they move and then put the roads where the players walk? Do you track the players enough to see how humans interact in the environment? Im pretty sure you can’t rework your entire map before launch just a idea for the future.

Well… kreative idea, but no. :smiley:
The roads are part of the design.

Could you explane why one ordinary person (the player) could influence the enviroment to change the road paths?
Also remember that pedestrians can easily go where riders or charioteers would have problems to follow their path.

Problem is that what’s convenient to a player who sprints around like a madman impatiently going from place to place might not be convenient to your average person who may be transporting goods on a wagon and wants to avoid tipping over or damaging the wheels.

1 Like

Yeah i know they arent going to strap the whole map and completely redisign the largest biome lol, just an idea. But putting map markes that act like check points in a racing game would be better

The devs would have had to basically load the map before the roads and farms outside of towns are made then give say 10,000 keys to the game out then track player movements on wheret hey go and the paths that are layed out by the players you would put in the roads on the paths that are most traveled by the most people