Robber Baron problem

Hi,
I can’t start the Robber Baron quest, although I think by now I should be able to.
During my two previous playthroughs I didn’t encounter such problem and if I remember correctly, the quest showed up right after completing ‘Next to Godliness’. On my current play, more than a week has passed and the quest still does not show. Can’t speak to Hans Capon, simply no dialogue start option.
Is it some 1.4.1 patch issue that someone else has also encountered or maybe I need more progress in the main questline (I’m right after the battle of Pribyslavitz)?

Note I have no side quests running except for “Courtship” (bugged at 3rd stage with no date dialogue option) and “Do me a favour - Punch me!” (fought all 3 oponents, but the quest apparently never ends).

I would appreciate any advice.

It is after Next to Godliness. Capon will give the quest Clothes Make the Man, and you go to Hanush. I have had it take 5 days or more to trigger. It’s like it get’s hung up. It makes the whole cut scene seem stupid because Hanush talks like the bath house stuff happened the night before, but it had been a week lol. This bug has been there since launch.

i didn’t have this problem. the variability of a good number of KCD bugs (such as this one) suggests a data cache problem. (if it were a univariate, hardcoded milestone trigger, the algorithm causing it would fail every time) wish one of our modders or IT peeps could comment on where/how these data are stored/handled by cryengine

I think part of the issue too is, they actually rewrote huge chunks of the cryengine script to make the game what it is. It is why no mod tools have been released. They said they have to work with cryengine on the copy write and what not, because they altered so much of the engine.

Yes, I completed “Next to Godliness”, as I said. On my previous play I’d completed both quests.
Problem now is that Capon doesn’t walk to give the next quest.

Yeah, it hangs up sometimes. If 7 days pass in game time, and he still doesn’t have it, then do a bug report, and submit your save file so they can take a look. support@kingdomcomerpg.com

I haven’t heard of this quest being bugged since 1.4 yet, but with the number of bugs lately, it is completely possible.

Well, maybe I just need to wait for a few days more. I’ll keep playing and see what happens.

Thanks for your answers :wink:

Good luck! I hope it triggers for you.

Likewise, playing a fresh start in 1.4.1, the Robber Baron quest does not begin. I’ve tried various ways of getting there, and none have worked.

Worked for me today.
I just kept playing and upon completing the “Pestilence” quest, the dialogue with Hans Capon became available.

…I was about to ask this very question. I shall just keep on keeping on 'til it triggers I guess