"Robber Baron" quest removes all random encounters

I recently noticed, that for some reason all random enemy encounters were gone. So i started loading old saves and did quests, and now found out that during the quest “robber baron”, if you talk to bernard in the camp, all encounters will stopp appearing from this point on. It doesnt matter if i killed the bandits before talking to him - just mentioning to him that the robber baron is dead or asking him how to continue will cause this problem. I also tried several mods and cheats, but most of them dont seem to be working on the current version of the game. It really is a shame, since i accepted this quest over a week ago and, and now i can not simply “reject” it anymore without loosing my progress in most of the DLC quests. Is there anything else i can try to fix this?

Maybe u are known to all bandits now? U should still find an encouter at Skallitz anytime :wink:

That was part of my testing, after talking to bernard, the bandits in Skalitz were gone too.

Alright i finally found a proper workaround for this. i still cant play theRobber baron quest, but at least it allows me to to start the “Amorous adventures” DLC while still beeing regularly wrecked by bandits. The solution is to not talk to Hans Capon until the main quest is complete (That is if you already have completed the sidequest “Next to Godliness” where you get drunk with Hans Capon. If not, you can talk to Hans safely). That way Hanush von leipa never initiates the quest “Robber baron”. After the Epilog, Hans will ride towards a camp in the east and wait for you to “End the game”. Once he arrives there, you can simply talk to him and start the amorous adventures DLC, while the Robber baron quest has no chance is now immpossible to start now.