Roleplay enhancing stuff they should add

The game does need a stronghold component, though I’m not entirely sure who you would “buy” the land from, as the land is technically owned by the nobles. Best you could probably get would be to lease the land, which is a similar mechanic I suppose.

Potentially better would be Radzig not formally recognizing you immediately (and he suspiciously doesn’t in the game), and instead you are granted knighthood. Actual knights, not generic men-at-arms, received a knights fie - a portion of land anywhere between 1000 and 5000 acres depending upon the quality. If it was largely forest, it would be the latter, and mostly farmland would be the former. Knights would divvy up this land and have their own villeins work various portions. Those villeins might, depending upon their contract, fight on the side of the knight in his retinue.

Potentially, in that case, Radzig or Divish could give the player control of something like Pribislavitz, and the surrounding woodlands. Henry could spend time and money fixing up the settlement, clearing some forest, curtailing bandit raids (and ultimately crushing their presence in the area), finding people to work the land, and constructing various workshops. For this work, he would get income as well as followers that he could equip and train.

3 Likes

there’s already something like that in one of the outcomes of the hanekin hare quest. they kept it plausible. having strongholds would just be a bit too jarring. it seems everyone wants to be famous in this game, yet one of the appeals of the game is that you are a struggler, a petty retinue of your lord. you becoming the lord would just kill the appeal. it’d be like the mafia games with you being the don. it’s be a different style of game

You’re the son of a nobleman, legitimized or not, and by mid game, everyone is calling you a “knight” (which they really shouldn’t unless you’re actually given a knights fie). By the end of the game, you’ve probably killed half a thousand men and are pretty much the sole reason these people have their lands at all. It would actually be an astonishing turn of events in the real world under these circumstances to not legitimize a bastard or at least make a knight out of them.

I’d also add that the huntsman’s cottage, which is a nice touch, is virtually useless. The only thing it offers is a really awful bed or two and a storage chest - which is surpassed by the inn that’s a short walk down the hill, and the option to tell gamekeepers to get bent. If they actually made tanning a thing, and made the quests you get with it a bit more involved it might be worth it.

I think first they should work on guards and crime system that would enhanced the game a lot.

If I commit a crime in Ledecko they souldn’t know that in Sasau in five minutes.
Much higher fines.
The guards should not be attacking you right away.
It’s really annoying when I have a room in Talmberg castle and the guard comes to the room closed the door and start yelling at me that I don’t have a torch in my hand. Come on :grin:

2 Likes

i fou are not supposed to be a hunter then why can you become master hunstmans for talmberg by a quest? in my playthrough i became master hunstman of Talmberg and was given a property as well as hunting materials.

It’s not your main profession dude neither it has sth to do with the story. It’s a side fun thing to do and that’s the most it is needed for hunting. No point to invest more resources on that mechanic except maybe something that is chained with other features, like livestock that people keep asking. kcd is not mainly promoted for its sandboxy features. It’s a historical narrative rpg. Most of you must stop searching for features that was never supposed to be in the game. And here is where mods will help. So just be patient for mods.

No Way for Schmyrim nonesense :smile:

i think you’ve misread the whole thing man… as end content this has nothing to do with the sotry, it just to keep you playing after you finished the game. again it’s a suggestion, not a demand to implement that. besides, every mechanic i said is already in the game beside forging… so it’s not even an invetsment in programming. it’s just giving you your own place to do so. to keep you busy after the main story. I don’t know about you but i rather keep playing for a little longer than complete the story and move on and never look back at the game. Hence they made it an rpg, so you can role play in that erra… How do you even know those features were never given thoughts about by the devs. We all know they had to rush the game out because of the publishers. But yes im sure mods will work those aspects out, nothing worong by posting it here as a suggestion.

But you are not supposed to keep playing (free roam etc) after the main story. That’s what you are missing. All you do, has to be done while playing. Not after. That’s why it’s more likely to be a mod than being officially imported.

dude no offence but have you even complete the game yet? it lets you continue after the story, who are you to say that everybody should put the game away cause you need to do everything during the main quest and stop when it’s done. If that was the true way how it should be played the devs would end the game after the story like every other story driven sigle player game. But they don’t… Lets just agree to disagree before going into an andless and pointless discussion.

3 Likes

Maybe special quest for low reputation. There’s no pure evil quest givers. Just thiefs and such.

1 Like

When you finish the game you get the main menu screen, thus the game ends, leaving you with the option to load a save before that event, as most games do. Now, for the rest of your delusional speech let me ask you where did I said things such as “drop the game” etc? I never claimed that. Re-playability of a game has nothing to do with the fact that a game has an end. Most of the features people ask to be officially imported, can’t, simply because the devs decided to choose a strict path for the game, leaving the gates open for modders to import such things. It’s simple. I’m not against most of the things players request. I just point out that those things are most likely to not be officially imported for many reasons. One of them is the fact that the game is not a sandbox/freeroam game where you are supposed to keep playing the same playline after the current cliffhanging ending (for the current game). If the next game let’s you do that then I can’t see why not. If I’m wrong on that please, fill me in…

i think we’re on a different vibe man, i don’t take this thread serisous as in yes the devs will deff have to add this. Im just discussing with other people what would be cool/ add re-playabillity to the game experience for me and maybe others. Will mods take care off this? Most definetly. Would it be better to add as end game content by devs? ( mark the use of the word would) Hell yes, because console players would be able to play this game longer since they don’t get acces to mods. (maybe that will change but i read they probably will not gain acces to mods.) This is an open discussion what other people would like to see, even if they know that the probability that it would be add is 0.1%

reacting with no when the game is done its done is not constructive for this topic thats all i’m saying.

and this i can completly agree on, this is contstructive replying.

Haha another sour end to a fun intented thread on the kcd forum.

Thanks for the reply!

This…better questlines and roleplay possibilities for the professions…

I mean, it is an open world sandbox…

I think most people just want more immersive stuff to do and to get more filler content to keep them captivated until DLC or the next installment. I will agree with you that I have a feeling a lot of people requesting mods havn’t even completed the story yet, but still. Also, even though I’m for mods, I can’t stand the amount of people who are like “I want witches or werewolves or magic”…this is a realistic game. I just want some camping/bedroll stuff, better cooking, maybe some fishing…just a few small stuff; eventually.

But I’m on xbox and I understand that will probably never happen for a company this small.

Not everyone is as immature and overly-entitled as you, so we like to call it “adding new features.” Please bear with us.

The only guess I have is to bury stolen treasure when you don’t have a horse, or your horse is full and therefore cannot fast travel.