RPG element for the next game

First I would like to point out that KCD manages to be one of the best RPG game, even if the player can’t choose playable character besides Henry with a determined background and past story, but in the end players are able to choose what kind of person Henry is; want to be hero Henry and mastering combat and stuff? you can, want to be sneaky thief Henry? of course, want to be ‘Robin Hood’ Henry and stealing for the poor? yes please, or want to be traumatized and heavy drinker Henry? absolutely. That is something that other games even with RPG element like The Witcher not able to achieve (and i don’t even think that the witcher is an RPG game). That’s why i have some problem with some parts of the storyline that leaves the player with not much of choice; for instance boss fight Runt. Players have to kill Runt to progress the story no matter what. What if I roleplay as Henry who refuses to kill anybody? The key is that this game is RolePlaying Game, mostpeople seems to forget what real RPG stands for (I’m a big fan of Morrowind). I just want to give my opinion to Warhorse Studio for their next game maybe avoid something like this part of story. Maybe while fighting Runt player is able to run back to Radzig and let him fight Runt or something that would fix the prolbem.

1 Like

Developers tried to avoid fight with Runt as they stated because of no kill achievement. It’s part of story that some NPCs have to die, like three murderers in one sidequest.

the witcher 3 is basically an arcade game, i wouldn’t call it an rpg. thats like calling dark souls an rpg lol. you could literally steal from houses while the owner talked to you. such bullshit. kcd is the mike tyson of the rpg world

1 Like