RPG Game of the Year?

I don’t have rain such as you have. The second video is what I have but your full graphics load takes longer than mine. Question pops up. What is your system?

It’s on PS4 PRo.

BUT…all these issues were NOT happening at launch. The rain was perfectly fine until a few patches in. Not just the rain that’s blocky …it also at places like small waterfalls, and underneath those rotating wheel things found at Mills, the water underneath is blocky as hell. Again …this was NOT originally happening. It was totally fine before.

But the extreme pop-in and pop-out as seen in the videos…they only became this bad after Patch 1.6 …this along with other things like clothing and armour no longer being visibly dirty or damaged. Even had bandits in the wilderness fall right under the ground so they are impossible to hit!!! This never happened prior to Patch 1.6.

I have From the Ashes installed…well actually Patch 1.6 makes that mandatory but you have to pay to unlock it, rather than it being a pay for and then download thing like most DLCs.

I did buy From the Ashes but have not yet initiated it…because I really don’t even want to do anymore quests until these irritating things are fixed.

The last story quest I did was the battle where you eventually fight Runt. A great quest but was mired with blocky rain everywhere. Kind of ruined the moment for me!

1 Like

Did you start game in previous version? Maybe try new game and watch it happens. Many bugs happen because of old saves. In that case you need to delete all old saves besides last one.

Yeah I started the game from launch day. Got over 200 hours racked up on it. I only keep the last 3 saves at any given time, so there is never more than 3 saved files.

1 Like

In my opinion KCD is definitely a game that could have been game of the year or even still can. The problem is that the game just suffers from too many bugs and glitches. When I played the game during the 1.5 version on my PS4-pro, I probably had the most fun any game had given me in a very long time! It was truly like going back to the good old days of my youth when I played a lot of pen and paper rpgs. The nostalgia combined with a great game design from a story perspective and the illusion of total freedom just made the game awesome. The game is still awesome but at least on the PS4 systems, the 1.6 update downgraded the entire experience and still tastes bitter in my mouth.

I sincerely hope WH can remedy these issues and at least limit the issues to what it was pre 1.6

If that happens I would say the game could be a contender because of the innovative approach combined with the entertainment value the game brings, even on console.

You write the same exact thing in all topics.

I do mention MY issues why this is not the game of the year for ME, at lease not yet.

Red what I wrote more and you see that I do like the game and even believes it could become a possible candidate for GOTY. And I will continue to mention why it is not the GOTY yet and where WH needs to step up before this game even has a chance of becoming GOTY.

And since I participated in many threads regarding bugs and issues in the game. it is perfectly normal that those issues are repeated since I can not just make up bugs and issues for the fun of it and being an ass.

One can clearly see that me writing in this thread gave WH way more praise and less criticism in this thread. KCD deliverance is simply a great game with too many bugs at the moment to become GOTY in my opinion. But I do believe WH can and maybe even will make the game better and even good enough with the next update.

Just want to make it clear that I have no problem with KCD at all in terms of what it actually does when things are working properly…or at least at a decent standard by console performance standard.

I know the PS4 Pro can run the game at a working standard…I have experienced it. Which is the main underlying problem with all these updates that break things in the game.

Every time there is a new patch update…I feel as though a person from Warhorse has just come up behind me and emptied a bucket full of runny liquidated cow crap all over the top of me head.

1 Like

It definitely is a unique game. I remember when I first played it, I was pretty amazed because there is no other game like it. It reminded me of playing morrowind or oblivion for the first time. Also, me being interested in history and the middle ages in particular, this game was definitely my cup of tea. But…then came the bugs…

I got this game around the beginning of june and still haven’t beat it. I put it off because of all the problems the game currently has and I keep telling myself that I won’t play it until it’s fixed and stable. I like the game a lot but I want to experience it when it’s running like it’s supposed to. I’m on PS4 and the game on consoles is pretty buggy. If the game is fixed (which I’m sure it will be eventually), I can see this game getting some serious awards but game of the year? I’m not too sure. RPG game of the year? Maybe. I can’t think of any other RPG’s that did serious numbers this year off the top of my head but then again, the year isn’t over yet…

1 Like

I’m playing on vanilla PS4 (that I bought just for this game). Started playing the day of release, and loaded patches as they came.
I didn’t experience a fraction of the issues others complained about - I’ve been called a liar and a fan boy for it.
I completed the main quest, and a ton of side quests with little real difficulty.
I haven’t taken the final step to end the game, but have been riding around exploring and such.
I have purchased FtA, but have yet to play it.

I’m not going to call you a liar but I find it hard to believe but then again, I notice everything. I have a friend who is like that. He doesn’t notice things like bugs that alter the game. He plays it, beats it and that’s it. I notice every single little thing that goes wrong in the game and some bugs are annoying af.

So let me ask you a question, what bugs have you encountered and noticed?

1 Like

I don’t want to be the “fanboy” or the “devil’s advocate” here, neither the guy who criticizes the game so hard throwing it in a toilet and saying that KC:D is garbage…

But try to see what i’m trying to say here. On this year for PC (that is the plataform that i play) i did’t see any RPG or game that brought so much fun to me as KC:D.

Even with this wasted opportunity that was From the Ashes DLC. (see my post regarding this My honest opinion on "From the Ashes" DLC)

As i know, the people from Warhorse Studios is working aganist the clock to put this game as enjoyable as possible and i think that effort deserves a reward. Even with so many bugs and wasted opportunities.

Warhorse Studios is a baby compared to other developers, and they achieve some interesting goals that i not even see by Bethesda, EA or any other.

As WH said in the beginning, this game is not for everyone, and i think that some recognition for their work is deserved.

If we didn’t care, we wouldn’t be here.
At least most of us want this game to become the best it can be.
The game has problems and I think we should hear about them. Complaints do not mean we hate the game.

2 Likes

What goals did they achieve that bethesda hasn’t? I’m curious as to what you mean

1 Like

For exemple the combat system that for me is a good thing compared with Skyrim were you swing a sword like a baseball bat… In KC:D is way more realistic and very based on HEMA. (Historical European Martial Arts)

When I look at Gamespot RPGs this year,
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is first with 8 points, 97 players give it 8.2.
Second is Battle Chasers Nightwar with 8 points, 26 players give it 7.9.
Third is West Of Loathing with 8 points, 4 players give it 8.5.
Forth is Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom with 8 points, 22 players give it 7.2.
Fifth is Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire with 8 points, 32 players give it 8.9.

Personally, I played Pillars of Eternity I and it was fun, I can see it being real competition to KCD this year.

For all it does do right hopefully KCD does well.

2 Likes

I consider myself to be very observant as well, but maybe I “let things slide” more than other players.
I’ve had the pop in issues, but an NPC w/o a head until i get a bit closer isn’t for me a game breaker…
I’ve had issues (early on) where saves weren’t working, I’ve had issues where the music disappears. I’ve had a thankfully short-lived case where I had them equipped but couldn’t pull or draw my bow.
I’ve had a couple of NPCs take umbrage w/ me for no known reason and not deal with me for a time, but after a few game days, it worked out.
Not saying KC:D hasn’t had it’s share (or more, for other platforms) of issues, I’m just saying that for myself, I’ve had a hugely enjoyable, and overall a very positive experience.
Looking forward to more content and new games from WH.

I love the combat system in KCD. In my opinion WH really made it fun and interesting to fight. Sure when one owns the best part of armour and weapons p, the fight get a lot easier. But I guess is the intention of the game, making Henry go from a zero to a hero during his journey and I love it. Some people think I hate this game, it is so wrong it can be.

So hopefully WH can get the game on track again and the next time I play, my armour can become filthy dirty and covered in blood like Jason from Friday the 13th!

I love this game and that is why new bugs introduced throug an update is so demoralizing. But now I am taking a break from gaming and will be back from my trip to Japan in 3-4 weeks.

Have a nice summer fellow KCD -fans and may the update gods bless us with blood and dirt on our armour, amen! See you all in a month and be careful out there because it is crazy hot.

1 Like

I guess that in 2025 KC:D will be complete, all patched and perfect. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like