Rtx 2080ti low fps?

Hi

I get a new rtx 2080ti from Gigabyte and i hope that the game will get more fps but on the same setting that i had with my 1080ti from Gigabyte i have no fps boost??? I cant believe
I have intel i7 4790 4ghz 24 ddr 3 ram an rtx 2080ti and i play in 1080p and have not more than 50fps? Shader qualiti is on middle settings and shadow too, the rest is on ultra… do you guys have any ideas??

Hi, I got I5 3,4ghz 4cores / 4treads, 16gb ddr3 and 1060 6gb. And the game run around 40 - 50 fps on ultra setting. Just shadows are set to medium. The biggest problem is cpu. More cores/ more treads -> better performace. you should buy new cpu :slight_smile:

Can’t believe that. You can’t have a 60 fps in rattay or battles with a i5 and 1060 on ultra.

I do agree the cpu was a better investment. But he has a i7 with 8 threads. Only i7 8th gen has more cores/threads

i wonder why. my i7-4790K is loaded up to 60% only. Is there a way to create more threads for my CPU?

The game is very CPU intensive. Your high power GPU can’t perform if your CPU holds it back.
I had a 4 core 4 thread Athlon CPU and got lousy ( way worse then the op)FPS. Moved to an 8 core 16 thread Ryzen 7 2700 and got 3x more FPS and went from medium setting at best to very high ( don’t need ultra myself).

Of course I got the frame drops in rattay (i am not sure if in battle) to 25-30 fps. But if i set low overall settings i got 60fps most of the time, and if i set ultra high i got 40-50fps.

I’ve a i7 7700k 4.9 GHz, 16gb ddr4 and a 1080 and my CPU never hits 100% but still I’ve fps drops and stutters. The cpu usage is always high though, no matter the settings. My gpu usage isn’t high at all, maybe 70% max.

So many people with high end rigs and poor performance. It was running better on my old rig (i7 2600 16gb ddr3 and a 1060 6gb)

Upgraded from i5-2500k to i7-8700k rig. GPU is the same Asus Strix 980 but the fps went from 30 to 60. Dips to mid 50’s in Rattay. Huge performance increase still.

Never more than 50. Do you have v sync enabled. In the game options or in the desktop nvidia control panel. Sounds like it capping. Is your monitor 144hz?

Ps that rig on 1080p. Such a waste my friend.

Have you tried on stock CPU clocks. Is your game installation on an SSD. What FPS drops are you talking to 50s in towns?

Yes I tried. It’s installed on a 970 Evo 500gb.
Fps drops to 40 50 indeed but that’s different as the stutters I sometimes experience.

I’m gonna change my monitor to last try if that’s the problem but not a other single game has performance troubles. It is poorly optimized imo although I can’t stop playing even after 400 hours :slight_smile:

Yo thx guys
My problem was/is the cpu…
It wasnt be all cores activated and now i activated all cores and the game is no over 60fps but at some places like villages its drops to 50fps but i can live with that

1 Like