Sabaton visit at Warhorse Studios

society is becoming more collectivist whether you like it or not due to social media acting as a botnet. avoiding trends isn’t something done out of the blue, it’s a reaction. and for that reaction to take place, one must have ALREADY experienced the trend. therefore, becoming anti trend it is literally the only way to experience something new.

and to the original point, i’m not saying trends are objectively bad. obviously some things are trends because they work, are universally worthwhile, whatever. but in regards to novelty, innovation, progress, they are objectively inferior. being "trendy’ is literally announcing to the entire world that your tastes are as bland and unoriginal as everyone else’s.

just look at what trends do to the game industry and you’ll see why being trendy and following trends usually leads to complacency and stagnation.

all things new occur in spite of trends, not because of it. this is true in music, art, literature, film, everything. originality is by definition, anti-trend. just lol if you aren’t actively avoiding trends in your life.

just take a statistical analysis of people who have heard justin beiber as opposed to people who have heard (or even heard of)sabaton and you’ll realize your argument about trends is pointless in a vaccum. take it out into the real world and you’ll see why it’s a negative factor in experiencing new things in life.

1 Like

I think we need let people hear whatever they want. Talk about this is just a waste of time and intellect.

Wow man,
I got to tell you Sabaton absolutely rock live!!! Their show was amazing! :slight_smile:
Long live true heavy metal!

1 Like