Sabres currently a poor man's choice sword

As it stands there is no reason what so ever to use a sabre, typically of the 3-4 varieties available in game, the stats are no better than an average sword, or a bad sword.

In order for this weapon to actually have a specific usage, the slash damage probably should be massively increased, to the point where they’re the best slashing weapon in the game.

Historical basis for this is slashing weapons/sabres were typically used by infantry against foes who were lightly or not armoured. If plate armour receives a much needed buff against slash damage, this would work quite nicely with the existing stats set up for armour and weapons.

An added bonus to this would be Cumans, who typically have sabres, would be far more deadly in the early game and would then struggle to break through Henry’s armour once he get’s kitted out.

3 Likes

Def don’t need to buff up Henry’s heavy armor anymore because it’s already OP lol.

I think we don’t see any viable sabres in the game because they just weren’t used much in that region during that time – unless it was from foreign invaders.

The Cumans were nomadic and raided a lot, sabres made sense for them because they were toasting a lot of unarmouned common people.

Armour is OP because of over-scaling boosts based on level, not the armour itself. This would apply to NPC’s too. Without it we have another weapon in game with no real purpose, which feels like a waste.

1 Like

I could see sabres getting a slight boost in attack speed, at least they feel faster (IRL) when I have used them. Think it might have something to do with the balance being different.

2 Likes

If Sabre really has slightly faster directional attacks than other single handed swords, then it could be suitable for fast striker perk which reduces 20% damage to excharge for 30% stamina reduction.

1 Like