Sadly it's Time to Go

Maybe like other games, the performance will come but first after all dlc’s are released.

Did I read that rightly? The op paid 800 pound for a gtx 1080?

There is your problem right there. Guys not the most colourful crayon in the box.

As they say in England he’s a mug.

4 Likes

Absolutly not sure, how Ubisoft fcked the Dunia engine that hard up.
Best fire effects ever in Far Cry 2, the game itself sucked a bit but the engine was awesome!
Didn’t knew that FC 5 looks that “bad”.
Haa… Glad that I bought KCD instead!

If you want good Far Cry, play 3rd.

Ubisoft is a decadent bastard company. Everything they did is the result from an investment arsehole.
I mean that peasant who directs all the projects and gived them more money to produce more $hit!
But me too, I never bought any FC title after that bad open world concept in 2.
But there is a solution. Look at Start and search for the deinstall function. That is the right price for such a game!

There is a program called B.E.S. in KCD Nexus that limits the CPU core use of the game to 98%. Removed all the stuttering for me and the game runs silky smooth now without constant framerate drops. The difference is ridiculous. I agree that it is probably something that the devs should fix but so is the joy of PC gaming that you can tinker with the games yourself if you are not happy.

1 Like

FYI you’re playing at 4k with ultrawide. Oddly as this may sound, the 1000 series of video cards don’t handle ultrawide very well. Additionally, the ANVIL engine has been out alot longer and seen many more games made with it to draw better optimization samples from. Lastly I have a lesser powerful rig than you and play KC:D on Ultra, with Ulrtrawide as you describe your Farcry experience. Moreover, you’ve already purchased the game so it’s not like you REALLY have to go anywhere. So, what’s with the semi-edgy attention grabbing post?

Interesting situation you’re in. I’ve been playing video games for a long time, since Windows 95 (Ageof Empires). And I am someone who values Detail. I have farcry five on playstation four, but of course, now it isn’t a game that is listed on my console. It is too simple of a game. Soon , that game will be ended and lost forever. Kingdom Come , for example, is what I call, a forever game, an endless game, a game that is almost Infinite. Kingdom come, is one of the most innovative things I’ve seen in the gaming world, alongside No Mans’ Sky, and perhaps, assassins’ creed. I’m sorry your game has bugs. I have played about two hundred hours, and maybe seen three bugs perhaps. I do not know why your experience is filled with bugs. I have seen so few bugs, that I can forgive quickly. Seeing all the other benefits of the game. I am also a private historian . So the year 1403 , so well researched and explained via this game. Yes many things could be included, for me, like , more visuals of varieties of birds flying around. . But this is just the stage of video gaming we are in. perhaps it will evolve further. Good luck with the games you choose to play. Have fun.

1 Like

Like you I am a older player (my first computer was the Apple II) and have played computer games for some time. I have agree that Kingdom Come Deliverance has been relatively “bug” free and I agree that the game is a game that I can always come back to and enjoy playing. For one thing it is fun and challenging Yes, once you complete the main quest you know what to expect in future playthroughs, but the real treasure is in the exploring and discovering new things on each playthrough. Happy gaming.

3 Likes

FC series isn’t my cup of tea. that said, i’m interested in the FC5 map editor. did you try using it?

Interesting . No I haven’t tried the map editor . I didn’t know it existed . Can you tell me more ? What options for editing does it offer ? And is it available with the game on PlayStation four ? Far cry is a beautiful thing . I just don’t feel as connected to it , or as part of the world they give , as other games . But still far cry five is very impressive if we compare to what games started off as in the year 2000.

King’s Quest, Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord and The Ancient Art of War are my early gaming reference points. KCD doesn’t have dungeon crawling but some elements are shared with the others, and it’s why i like KCD.

for me, the expansion (map) mentioned by @DrFusselpulli and band of bastards DLC is where i see the future viability for KCD on console version.

aside from the bathing and mending services to Pribyslavitz. i wish the game had more tavern dialog/activities. i go hunting for man and/or beast near Pribyslavitz. i return to the Pribylavitz tavern. i can’t sit at the table and have the barkeep come and take my order for drink or food. and, i can’t talk to the folks opposite me at the table. if i could do these and/or initiate squad vs squad battles, i’d be stuck in KCD for years

3 Likes

I agree . More in depth would be more immersive and enjoyable . And is possible . Just takes the right development team to come together to implement the ideas perhaps .

don’t know anything first hand… just read some articles, watched a couple vids, etc.

if KCD had this, i literally might not play another game

More immersive character development would make the game more enjoyable. I would also like to see more choices and effects of choices other than do or not do. I started a new playthrough with the 1.7 and the ne new DLC hoping to se and discover something new……. Hopefully I will still be amazed with this game five years from now.

The design director of FONV seems to be visiting Prague/WH. Hope he shares ideas with WH so they elaborate on game decisions with downstream impacts … more like FONV.

Some Pribyslavitz recruitment had elements of that. Need more actions/decisions impacting the outcome of the game, or at least how the final act of the game unfolds

Except KCD as an RPG, while well executed, is only really good for a couple playthroughs. There’s not truly a whole lot of variation in the game, the combat is easily broken over the knee if you know what you’re doing and unless you purposefully gimp yourself by using an axe you’ll be slicing through hordes of enemies like a shouen protag. And while the characters are fairly well written, you’re just going to get the same terribly linear experience over and over in KCD regardless of your choices in the story. I originally adored KCD on my first playthrough, but frankly the magic is just gone with subsequent tries (although this is no short matter helped by the fact that my game seems to get more bugs with each patch, not less).

Once you figure out the quirks of KCD, it’s basically just as much of an easy game as Fallout 4, and without about as much of a linear tale. Higher in quality when it comes to character writing, but there’s not much substance to it. The addition of tournaments is also a poorly implemented joke, between their horrifically buggy nature ATM coupled with the fact that due to the incredibly easy combat system (once you learn it), fights are over in quickly even in hardcore mode. The only thing that presents me a challenge anymore is fall damage when slipping off a cliff while looking for a treasure chest.

it’s just a shame as this game was initially going to have so much more, but the DLC’s aren’t really even worth buying due to lacking any substantial addition of gameplay hours, while also lacking those highly advertised pitched battles which got shunted into the next title.

2 Likes

Upon replaying I also realized how linear this game sometimes can be.

DLC can add directly or indirectly. Directly is a mission/quest that takes you through a story. Indirectly is content that can be used to enhance the gameplay of core game.

Ashes is thin on direct and a little short on indirect (no bathing, mending, etc)

Per early reports, Amorous hasn’t reversed the trend. Unfortunate, if true

I don’t think it’s a sincerity problem. A lot of thought and planning went into Ashes (getting NPCs from past to move, etc). It’s also evident in the write up below that a lot of effort went into Amorous. Just seems thin on hours of playtime and limited to no indirect content

KCD is still a fun game. I started a new playthrough with the latest patch and DLC and will explore more and worry less about the main quest (only to get to where the DLC’s are reached). Enjoy the game for what it does have to offer.