Sadly it's Time to Go

As much as I love and enjoy this game I am sick and tired of flogging a dead horse, as we say in England. I have become utterly weary of persevering over the course of the last 9 months with a bug ridden game that struggles to run even half decently with a £800 graphics card thrown at it. To present a comparison, after installing an Aorus 1080 GTX 11GB Extreme Edition GPC. I downloaded FarCry 5 and installed that; sweetest video configuration I have ever experienced and within minutes the game was running at 60 FPS as smoothly as silk maxed out on ultra settings across a 34" 4K screen at 3840 × 2160 res. I am aware of the oft touted distinctions between a small boutique software house in Eastern Europe and an international behemoth like Ubisoft, but I ask you, when comparing the appallingly bad zombie like interaction of NPC’s, people endlessly walking into walls, and the other myriad characterisation howlers with which this game is riddled, and all coupled with the game’s egregiously poor video performance; it’s just a no brainer. I am off to wait for the latest iteration of Mount and Blade, and in the meantime I will enjoy FarCry 5 . At least that doesn’t make me feel like throwing up after 15 minutes of jittery play.

3 Likes

Weird… I’ve been playing about 300 hours with very few problems… Nothing like the crap I go through with a Bethesda release

2 Likes

Far Cry 5… lol

3 Likes

Far Cry isn’t the best example, try Final Fantasy XV. Other than that KCD isn’t AAA.

1 Like

Thing is KCD isn’t for everyone, FC is a franchise that is more suited to the masses who aren’t developed enough to appreciate a true deep rpg like KCD.

2 Likes

His concern is about game performance. It is known that KCD ultra settings are suited for next generation of GPUs better, besides it is heavy CPU too. I saw benchmark on 1080s and they so not perform stable 60 in starting Skalitz, so I can imagine some 50fps in Rattay but I would like to know if they still experienced below 60 or unstable if they lowered the settings, especially shadows, light effects and view distance.

try lowering your settings if you havent already, very high or even just high looks fine and performs much better than ultra high

2 Likes

Here is where we post unpaid advertising for FC??? :joy:

Well, i’m not in the mod today… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Good bye! KCD isn’t for you.

3 Likes

I have not experienced any serious problems with the graphics, at least nothing that diminishes game play. KCD offers a refreshing attempt at a game without magic= and super heroics. Is the game perfect? No. Is it fun to play? Yes, that is what I always look for in a game.

2 Likes

Exactly. Not to be rude but good riddance. :grinning:

1 Like

FarCry5 looks so hollow compared to Kc:d.
Goodbye, may you will like the clic clic clic / Kill kill kill experience.

4 Likes

I played Far Cry 3 and it is good game, I can not imagine 5th being so much worse gameplay-wise, but I was considering his problem is with the performance rather than gameplay fun. But Far Cry 5 graphics seem to be on par with their previous title (shown in the video comparison), they even dumbed down some features (similar in case of Mafia titles), the beauty comes from the light effects and it is also little unfair to compare AAA to Indie based on the measurement technique that both games are “big” and expensive.

Think most people are missing the point. The performance gap has been real. And the talk of having a couple-few extra months to polish the game (Vavra - making KCD vid) wasn’t illuminative. Game launched in Feb; it’s now Oct and performance and design issues still exist (even explicitly acknowledged as not being fixed by WH in the last PS4 release notes - 1.6.3)

I’m hopeful for the next patch-DLCs.

3 Likes

Haha! So fun :joy:

1 Like

the FC5 might be as rancid as month old porcupine roadkill, but it does offer a map editor

For the OP^^,

Maybe FC5 is a better casual game as KCD. But nothing more. Cant really be compared in detail!
Why?, because the engine from FC isnt really on the same level as Crysis. I call it a stripped-down version!
4 Likes

The OP is having a Crysis, if you get what I mean.

2 Likes

After +500h and multiple playthroughs, is there anything left beyond causal play?

Agreed, I’ve played this game a lot and love a lot of things about the game. But the performance, glitches and overall smoothness of the game is terrible at high resolutions. But that did not stop me from enjoying the game while I played it, they did a lot of things right with the game. The biggest drawback for me is how clunky everything is, perhaps in a few years I will run through this game again when all the DLC is available.