Saves Crashing after 1.6.2

So I deleted the saves that crashed on loading and am starting again from there. I really wish I never had to lose a save in the first place. Also, could you guys fix the whole armor sticking out of the jacket thing its not detrimental just annoying.

So one save loaded from my third playline and I deleted the rest as advised I only lost a few hours. I just wish this was not a thing to worry about starting over is not fun especially in a game that rewards the amount of time you put into it.

What i do is scroll down to the very bottom and start trying to load saves. Once one catches, try the save you really want to load and most of the time for me it will load but sometimes not and I have to just keep trying until they both load but it seems loading a previous save first is the only way to get the one you want to load. I don’t Ever re-start a new game because I know this way will eventually load the save I want.

Don’t know if this is relevant to you on PC, but on XBox One I noticed that there is a limit to the number of saves this game will allow. I believe 8.
Although when I tried to save and was at the limit, the game did let me know, in which case I deleted several, so I could create a new save.
I saw you deleted “old saves” and you said it didn’t help.
I would just check that there are not 8 saves, while trying to save a new one.
XBox One Patch 1.5 working well for me.

So the same thing is happening again I start to play again and saves not loading so I have to go down losing about 6 more hours of play what the freak please fix this game it is fun I want to play but this whole save game issue is killing me and apparently its not just me.

On the PC the limit is higher than 8 I think

After finding a save that left at the ginger found quest and deleting all my “corrupted saves,” I continued on and then left the game cause of a glitch when I tried to give Theresa a gift I accidentally closed my inventory leaving me just head bobbing. Then when I tried to continue my saves were corrupted again all the way back to the “Found Ginger”. Does anyone have a fix for this it seems as though I cannot save anymore at all.

I trained and killed so many bandits this is really disappointing

I have never tried that since the last two times the only save that loaded was the unexpected visit save. Next time I will try that. I already deleted the saves from tonight. Why is it so difficult to save in this game what makes saving in this game so impossible?

@DivergentDroid
Thanks for your advice. It (sort of) worked. I had to create a new playline, load the very first save of this new playline and only then I can load a save from my original playline. The downside of this is, that I cannot use exit saves because I can no longer load it once I load the save from playline 2. But as long as I don’t have to start over AGAIN

Anyways it’s kind of sad I have to go to such lengths JUST to load a saved game. And six months after release no less.

Well aren’t you special.

Thanks for the advice it seems to allow you to play the playline without restarting. The funny thing now I am so far into the playline that I have to load from a older save then load from a more recent save then load the save I want to load. I tried to delete some of the older saves to see if they would become loadable again but when that did not happen.

No I am not and that is the problem the game should be able to handle such a basic task of saving its state.

My comment was directed toward your comment about killing bandits. The save system is what it is, get used to it.

Yeah sorry about that, just dealing with the broken save system. Anyway I did finish the game with advice from DivergentDroid but towards the end things got really interesting. Loading one save to load another and another to get to the save I really wanted to load. The game is really fun if it wasn’t I wouldn’t have kept trying. I heard everyone saying it was caused by mods but I do not have any mods installed. However, if warhorse wants longevity out of their games they will at some point need to allow mods. Just look at what mods have done for Fallout New Vegas.

mod support for PC is scheduled for late 2019. It will be the last addon for KCD

I can vouch for this guy. I’ve played dozens of games since the 90s and have never had such a hard time saving. Only thing that works is sleeep save. All others fail and dissapear next time i load the game. There’s no saving them! Very inconvenient. And it’s still not fixed

I can only speak for myself, but no problems with various saves and no real performance issues.

No, you got it all wrong. Its for longshot and addressed to you.

Sorry, did noy mean to intrude. have a great day.