Saves Crashing after 1.6.2

Continuing the discussion from Crashing after loading save:

Saves are failing on 1.6.2 August 25 2018 more than 6 months after the release I have already done one full restart 60+ hours. I need help getting my saves back I am on nest of vipers and I have tried deleting my old saves, that did not work. I am really frustrated, I want to play this game I think this game is fun but this is unacceptable if I cannot get my saves back I cannot waste my time playing this game anymore.

Continuing the discussion from Saves Crashing after 1.6.2:

Also I would be most apprehensive about every playing another warhorse game again, think about it you spend all this time playing and doing everything and you lose all your progress twice. 6 months after its release. Many games have problems but not many games have save problems especially this far into its life.

Hello.
Are you on PC or a console? Did you use any mods now or in the past? How old are those saves?

PC, no mods. This is my second playline these saves are from today (not really sure what you mean by how old they are).

To be clear my entire playline will not load. My game crashes after attempting to load the playline.

Correction Unexpected Visit loads which does not do my any good since it is the first save in the entire game but all other saves in that playline do not load.

By do not load I mean it crashes the game when I attempt to load them

Have you used a trainer?(makes troubles!!!)
Can you load up a save for testing? Just to check if your save is broken.

Trainer? I have trained in the game from NPC’s besides that nothing.

As for uploading to this site I do not really feel comfortible uploading something by the request of someone who is completely random sorry but I can upload some edited log files by edited I would remove everything but pure game data

Not here. Send bug report to support@kingdomcomerpg.com, together with info about your version, presence of mods/trainers, and probably also some saves that don’t work. That is the right way to report bugs. I thought that these save-corrupction problem were already solved, but maybe not all of them.

1 Like

Have not experienced that problem.

Sadly, you may just have restart and play from the beginning. If you had mods thatwere not updated may affect your old saves.

hey, I play xbox one and had a similar problem on the second timeline, hardcore mode. Saviours schnaps saves get corrupted and unplayable.

I’m having the exact same problems. I’m on PC (STEAM version 1.6.2) and have to do a full restart for the THIRD time, because the game crashes when I try to load a savegame from some point during or after “the hunt begins” - at least that is what I think causes the problem.

I have not had a problem with saved games. I do not have any mods loaded. I did a reinstall after 1.6.2 because of some issues, since then I have not experienced many crashes ( I still get random crashes at different times, annoying but hopefully after a recent save).

This is how I fix my corrupted saves. All you do is keep trying to reload an older save until one works, then the current save you want to load should work. Once it does work, make sure you have a clean empty slot by deleting your very first save file at the bottom of the list and then re-save your game to the fresh slot. Delete the old corrupted save slot so it cant get written to again. If it happens again, just repeat the steps. This method works for me. It may take some time getting that save to load initially but it’s better than starting over.

So it did it again this is my third playline and it is crashing after I try to load the game I trained my character spent many hours all over again hoping that it would get past this crap. Nope FAIL please fix your game!!

The only save that loads is unexpected visit so start over again?

If youre on steam you might want to try switching off sync on cloud. Quit then turn on again and choose upload only. That works for me before and i never had loading save problem after that.

Ps: forgot to mention delete a few save while not sync before turning them on again.

I did that after the second crash this time I was able to only lose a few hours which is not so bad one of my saves loaded ginger in a pickle found