Sigismund, prokpof and husite wars, next game?

Some suggested the Hussite wars as a next game… very messy

The Hussite Wars was the original plan for Kingdom Come. Why Warhorse decided to start in 1403 and not 1419 is something they’d have to answer themselves.

ULtraquists? It is utraquists, from latin “sub utraque specie” = consuming body and blood of the Christ in eucharist/holy communion. In catholic church the blood is reserved only for clergy.

1 Like

Dan Vávra said that he did not dare to go directly into such important period of Czech history. When project started, he was aware that they don’t have enough experience and he was not even sure if the game will ever be finished (it was long before kickstarter and Warhorse had about 12 people). He rather chose some interesting but rather less important period in order to prove the concept and their capabilities. But I hope that KCD was successfull enough and we will have game from Hussite wars somewhere in future.

1 Like

This was reveal trailer of this game. 0:26 - you can see Rattay burning. 1:06 - Rattay mill under fire. And finally 1:16 siege (also in Rattay). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2qcJxkmXk

1 Like

They musta changed it to Talmberg later.

They musta changed it to Talmberg later.

(I’m assuming you were replying to @kingmar about the siege times in the YouTube trailer)

I don’t know much (read: sweet fuck all) about Czech history during that time, however, when @kingmar pointed out the siege of Rattay at 1:16, Henry is fighting a Teutonic knight, who, with a quick Google search and run through Wikipedia, fought on the same side as Sigismund in the Hussite Wars. Chances are, this wasn’t an accident.

Also, we sieged Talmberg with Brian Blessed building the trebuchet. At 0:23, we see not one, but two trebuchets. Though it is very hard to see, at 0:26-0:27, the flag bearer is carrying the flag of the Kingdom of Poland, who fought with the Hussites, who Henry and the rest of the nobles (Sir Radzig, Sir Divish, and Sir Hanush, and most likely so will Lord Hans Capon) are on the same side as.

At 1:07, though it passes so fast it’s a blur, we see a flag bearing either the colours of the Duchy of Austria or the Kingdom of Hungary, both who sided with Sigismund.

With this information, Rattay being sieged isn’t a mistake, nor a change for Talmberg. My belief is that we WILL be attacking Rattay come the next game in what could very well be the beginning of the Hussite Wars.