Skalitz Castle

So I recently went back to Skalitz for a mission and I thought. Ya know, it would be cool if I got to go into the castle. I went around trying to find a way in and couldnt find any. The Devs did a good job of adding colliders so I couldnt jump in.

So I went to youtube and found a video of a guy who used his horse to gain access. Not sure if this was patched out but after seeing what the inside actually looks like its pointless anyways. At least at the time of the video because you guys (DEVS) didnt even bother to finish it or add loot.

Kind of disappointing really. It would be cool if we could rebuild the town and have a reason to go into the castle for a mission or some loot. Something. I am curious as to why access was blocked or you attempted to block access and why you didnt finish it?

As important as Skalitz is to Henry it seems like you guys should allow us to fix it for him rather than the other town you gave us to fix. I havnt actually gotten to that part of the DLC but Im sure its cool just seems like the wrong place to be doing it.

1 Like

The thing is, Skalitz castle was burnt in real life and they probably did not have reliable history sources to provide them with a perspective how it should look inside, similar to the building inside Sasau monastery district which you can not access. I looked inside this Skalitz castle through ALT+F2 photo mode, the only thing finished there is the jail which you end up game in, if you get caught by catchpole.

But similar to the buildings in Rattay, they did not actually know how the buildings looked, but they had some ideas from sources at least.

1 Like

For the benefit of anyone finding this while looking for how to get in after the battle - IRL there was no loot. As stated in the codex, Sir Radzig and the refugees stripped the entire castle bare when they left except for a single goat. Only the foundations of the original castle remain, so as stated above the buildings and internal arrangement other than the footprint is completely speculative.