Skilled Modder Wanted!

Greetings and good Evening Guys,

alltough I still hope for a soon release of modding support for KCD, I am looking for skilled modder who could do me and the whole community a real favour.

Any of you who used mods earlier definitly came across Knoxogoshi’s great mod.

Because Knox is still missed by the whole KCD Nexus Mod community I thought some skilled modder could have a look into his mod and update it for us.

I still hope Knox will come back soon, but I want to play with this really good mod.

Here is the link if someone of you is interested in looking into it.

Have a great time
Flowbro

Don’t hold your breath. It is the last to be released and that’s late 2019.
Hopefully when that does happen the authors will come back or others will step in and up date some or most of the older mods.

1 Like

Thank you, maybe I‘ll try that by myself and see if it works

What about finding out what in a mod causes a CTD when a certain command is used from it?
Cheat mod console command: own all stolen Items cause s a CTD since 1.6.
How different is this from just changing an items stats?

One Hint, If you want to compare two files, use WinMerge
it will made it easier for you :wink:

ok then how to make a Cuman bow like the Capon hunting bow mod?
I’d call it the Cumans Captains bow.

So allthough I am not a skilled modder at all I‘ll give it a try tomorrow.

Thank you @gerardfraser and @rataj!

I don‘t think that I will change anything at the mod (because it is Knox intellectual property and not mine) just try to update it!

I was too lazy to start today and the mod still works for me, except some texts are messed up, like the talking options to get a different hair cut or beard (which still works, you just can‘t read which beard etc you take) but beside that it is working for me!

@gerardfraser I am very sorry, but can you tell me which files exactly I have to change, so that every dlc is working? So they work for me cause, for example I get the quest for the tournament in rattay but the is no text just a strange line of letters and numbers and signs.

The only problem with the mod is the outdated files for the dlcs…
Is there an easy way to change this or not cause otherwise I will be to overwhelmed changing everything?

It’s not really worth it, honestly. Many of the changes that were made in this mod only really made sense at that time since a lot of it was improved upon with patches (and hardcore mode) making it obsolete. I’m sure if Knox decided to pick this up again, he wouldn’t opt to port everything over the way it was at the time of release. Anyway, it’s very hard to do so now unless you have the old version vanilla files to compare with his. It would be easier to make it from scratch even, one part at a time. No offence intended, but it would be more sensible of you to ask for specific parts of the mod that you liked to be ported to the newer version (in case it makes sense at all with the current version of the game).