SLI not working

yeah. been playing for 20-30 hours with this fix on dual 980’s. performance is still very unstable.
those bits just don’t cut it. there needs to be better support for sli. I’m pretty annoyed after they said it would be fully supported, but i should have known better.

Do you have Hyperthreading on for that CPU? Because i have it off for better overclocking and i noticed i have 50% usage aswell and when i fill up that 50% my fps goes down. Which leads me to believe the game can only use 2 cores, since it doesn’t try to saturate the rest of the cores to prevent lowering the fps.
The funny thing is my 7700K is at 5.4 GHZ…

Hi all,

i have this config.

6800k @ 4GHz
2x 1080 SLI
32GB RAM 3200MHz

in 4k 30-40fps almost all ultra, only Shadow high, shader quality high.

Inspector profile is done but scale First 1080 75-95% and second 1080 50-70%.

in 1440p - 50-60fps

LOL

Now it happened!!!
I got the “device hung” error A-G-A-I-N
(Happens not often actually…mostly when I play around with texture streaming related stuff into user.cfg)
Then I wanted to start the game again …
Black screen …
Restart pc …
Freeze after boot to desktop.

After about 2 hours of trying around I noticed that my 2nd video card seem to be broken. When I take it out, the pc boots normally … I do not want to say that it’s the game’s fault, maybe yes, maybe it happened randomly… but the fact that it runs for me now, with one single card, way better is a lot weirder! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I once had 2x GTX 660ti OC 2GB just for info…now 1x :frowning:

I’ve tried SLI compatibility bits 0x080040F5 on dual GTX 1080 … Both GPU’s are now utilized but I only get around 25-30 fps on Very High :man_shrugging:

The last patch 1.4 really improved SLI performance and smoothness for me (2x 980 TI). No more framedrops, still some micro stuttering, but totally bearable. FPS increase could be better, but I can live with +10-15 in this case (for a total of 45-50 with ReShade active) :slightly_smiling_face: Only switched SLI rendering mode in Nvidia Control Center to AFR2. Try it again, I’m really interested if someone else gets an improvement here.

Edit: Should mention that I’m using the “Optimized Graphic Presets” mod from the Nexus, really essential in my opinion! You can turn all advanced settings on Ultra with that one while getting much better performance and same if not even better quality.

I have tried the afr 2 mode with two 1080ti s- I had a horrible micro stuttering , ryse sli bits didn’t work for me as well.
The game hasn’t Goya you proper SLI support imho

TrieD to run 4K with 2 x1080TI SLI on the latest drivers- AFR2 as you have advised. The gameplay was way smoother, still some flickering when seeing the reflections of the fire on the walls, but still… AN improvement !
I will try that mod you have mentioned. I do hope it will not disrupt my gameplay though

I had this for XBOne at launch, and found it unplayable, and based on the problems still encountered for consoles and the fact that I still really want to play this game I repurchased for PC. Thanks to the guy who posted the SLI fix. I reassigned to a Crysis 3 profile that uses the same bits, and Get 70-80 FPS with dips to 50 in town at 1440p 21:9 using Very High settings, or 50-60FPS with Ultra High settings. Haven’t tried 4K yet, but this will certainly do.

1 Like

NVIDIA driver version 397.64 has been released and brings new/updated SLI profile for KCD!
Just installed, will try out now, hoping for big improvement! :smiley:

Edit: runs perfectly fluid now, this driver is a godsend.

1 Like

Can you provide details of your performance before and after the update? I knew about the update yesterday but was reluctant to install, since the fix posted above works sufficiently well.

Yeah but don’t use the ‘nVidia recommended SLI’ setting in the control panel as that ends up only using a single gpu (have tested it) you still need to set it to AFR2. Having said that, with AFR2 I’m getting 30-40 fps in 4K with 2x 1080 Ti’s so am pretty happy.

1 Like