SLI not working

was told SLI would be supported at launch but this doesn’t appear to be the case. i’ve been messing around with it for about 30 minutes and i just can’t get it to work.
is there a fix for this?

2 Likes

There’s compatibility bits doing the round that kind of worked in the beta but they don’t offer any gains (0x080040F5) . Both here and on the Steam forums the devs have confirmed that SLI would be supported, but i’m guessing they didn’t mean at launch lol.

Yeah sucks, running at 4k with 2 titan XP’s. No SLI and at 4k one card can only run the game at lowest settings at 60fps. Ultra drops in the 20’s. I dropped the resolution down to 1440p and still cant get a steady 60 fps on Very High.

With a single 1080ti (since SLI doesn’t work) i’m able to have 60+fps with a mixture of high and ultra settings. You should tweak the settings instead of playing at a blurry non-native resolution imo.

Try this:

• The biggest performance drain is global illumination, so put lighting to high.
  • Shadows still look good on high, i’ve even found that ultra makes them look too sharp and artificial.
  • Dropping post effects from ultra to high also seems to have almost no visual impact and fps stays above 60 during the intensive use of DOF like in conversations.

Literally everything else is on ultra (inculding the distance bars) and i’m able to run 60+ fps at 3440x1440 with one 1080ti in use. So you should be able to do much better at 4K as well with some tweaks.

I also understood that would admit SLI from the first moment …

It was 5 am when I was testing the game out so I didn’t get to far. I’m running at a slightly higher resolution at 3840x2160. I lowered what you said and it definitely helped. I’m now getting between 30-50 FPS. Some things are weird though, like the lower I put vegetation quality and draw distance for vegetation the FPS tank on me. All in all though I’d rather play at 4k with these frame rates then 1440p.

A guy over in Guru3D forums has a fix (not sure if i can link to another forum so i’ll just repost the solution here). Use the RYSE compatibility bits 0x080040F5 and achieve about 70% scaling. At my resolution this means i’m now playing the game at 100fps (on 100hz monitor), which is absolutely perfect.

For those who don’t know how to use the bits:

• Download Nvidia Profile Inspector.
  • Search for Kingdom Come Deliverance profile.
  • In the Compatibility section under “SLI compatibility bits (DX10 + DX11)” enter the bits 0x080040F5
  • Save the profile.

That’s it. If you have SLI enabled globally you’ll now enjoy this game with very good SLI scaling. Enjoy and spread the word.

3 Likes

if i could, i would kiss you.

Thanks!!!

THANK YOU!!! What a huge difference!!!

I’m at work now but will try it in the morning. I was getting about 20 fps on ultra. Thank you so much bra. Will let you know how it ran after.

I7 6850k 4.5
1080 Founders Edition water cooled SLI
32 gigs Corsair Vengance 3200
Samsung ssd
Asus Strix x99 Motherboard

Is it still working for you?

This is kind of starting to annoy me, both here and on Steam people keep posting that SLI is “Supported” or “works” with this or that workaround, it’s especially annoying when it comes from company representatives who instead of acknowledging the problem and either saying that SLI isn’t supported or they’re working on fixing it keep saying this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/2860219962081984112/

I got Dual 1080s and made a Profile with Profile Inspector with Daylight/Evolve compatibility bits for DX10/11 and AFR2 enabled as SLI Mode, even enabled the SLI indicator to make sure it’s “working”. I enabled “Force alternate frame rendering 2” (AFR2) under Manage 3D Settings --> Program Settings for Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Then I tested with this Profile and option enabled and disabled. I get about the same FPS (40-50 outside, ~25-30 Inside) at 1440p, in fact I think it performs even somewhat WORSE with SLI enabled (I get ~5FPS less) than Settings “Disable SLI” in the NVIDIA Control Panel with most things on Ultra. There’s also the added Bonus of Shadow Flickering.

While testing, I also discovered a different kind of Shadow Flickering which seems to be connected with the Lighting Setting, Setting Global Illumination from Very High to Ultra High eats 25FPS Inside buildings and starts flickering, you can test this in the Tutorial section in the first town while going inside the Trade shop opposite of the Tavern near Kunesh’s house.

My conclusion is that despite everyone saying that “SLI support is implemented”, IT DOESN’T ACTUALLY WORK in providing a better performance and on top of that leads to annoying artifacts. Did anyone actually test this internally and made sure it works and provides better performance? Did other people here?

Just so you know I am not bullshitting, I captured some of the footage with NVIDIA GeForce Experience and Uploaded it to YouTube. I saved using Saviour Schnaps, Loaded and took the video at the same spot without moving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r8WqwThj6Q

The first 4 seconds of the video is with SLI completely disabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel with a GTX 1080, you can see a Stable 56FPS at 1440p. The second bit for 5 seconds is with SLI enabled, I left the SLI Indicator Enabled so you can see this is so. Note that using SLI with the very same scene consistently gives less FPS, in this case I only get ~48FPS instead of 56FPS like with only a single card. I shouldn’t need to say this, but this isn’t the desired effect or why people use SLI. The second thing to note is the Shadow Flickering on the building’s wall, these DO NOT appear with SLI disabled, I’m using the same settings for both aside from SLI.

The third and longest part of the video documents what happens when you Set Lighting from “Very High” to “Ultra High”, note that the FPS instantly falls from ~49 to ~27 inside a building, effectively halving it, also note the strong Light flickers that appear over the barrels, something is definitely not working like it should here either, this happens both with and without SLI.

Please fix the SLI implementation for people who want to play @1440p/4K, thanks.

1 Like

I followed Zenzdeluxes instructions earlier in the post and it has ran fine. The cards run between 70-80%. I’m running in 4k and with the sli fix he posted the game runs fine now. It dips down to 40fps in cities or at night but during the day it’s 50-60. I’m running 2 Titan XP’s and with a single card it would go all the way down into the 20s and barely break 40fps. Also if I have the screen on borderless “which the game defaults it to if you alt tab” my frames absolutely tank but in full screen it runs fine. Having said that, this game is definitely piss poor optimised.

Yes when I got home I changed the bits as stated above. Now I get a steady 60fps on 4k!! Both gpu are o.c.ed to 2050. 100 percent usage both in certain areas

yes yes, it’s still working for me, sorry for the mistake

What the hell are you rambling on about? You replied to me so i’m assuming by some twisted logic you’re complaining to me while i’m trying to help? No one here, nor at GURU3D (which is the real source of the “fix” btw, not me) has claimed this is “supported” or an “official” implementation. I get that you’re frustrated, we all are, especially because THEY (the devs) have said that it would get officially supported, but this thread, where people are trying to help each other, is really not the place to focus your rage on. As a result of your almost childish rant, i’m not going to bother even helping you much further. I can assure you that there isn’t a conspiracy against you, and that we are not getting results out of thin air lmfao.

I’m getting the feeling you’re pretty new to this SLI thing, because this kind of hunt for SLI bits and troubleshooting with varied results is what goes on with a lot of games. It’s almost intrinsic to the experience because of how SLI support gets put on low priority because it is a niche tech with only a few percent of the userbase owning an SLI capable setup. Devs just don’t prioritize it which is only logical. This is a community fix so results may vary, deal with it, but don’t imply that others are lying just to annoy you, what a joke.

Unsubscribing from this thread and back to playing at 3440x1440 ultra settings at 80 - 100 fps, get help from someone else, bye.

1 Like

Do you have the use of the gpu up all the time? I have drops to 70% charge while I play

Running 1080ti’s in sli on the 0x080040F5 bits. even with what appears to be good scaling reported by RTSS (both cards 80+% usage) it will constantly drop to 40-50fps and usually around 50-60% gpu usage when it does. SLI supported or not this game has a much more problematic optimization issue since it does this even on a single card.

I don’t think this will be fixable without a major optimization patch. Nevermind 4k60FPS ultra, even at low settings theres just too much instability in rendering/frame times… hell for that matter it even happens at 1920x1080p on low settings. it’s not a cpu bottleneck since my 7700k only shows about 40-50% usage.

This is the only game in my library that currently behaves this way - its very similar to GRW which had similar issues until they heavily optimized, officially supported SLI and Nvidia provided an updated driver. Might be the same with KCD…

I’m also getting charge downs to 50-60 (It also happened to me with GTA V), especially in cities, in the open world work at 85-99.

And I also have a 7700K but with an 1080’s SLI (i play at 3840x1080)