So frustrated with the needle in haystack quest

I’m sorry to say it, since I know how much work devs put in the monastery but this quest is boring and frustrating as hell. I mean it takes HOURS to complete. Theres not a single interesting thing going on, just repeating the most boring routines you could imagine in a game. And after I’ve done it all? Suffered through that purgatory? It’s bugged and Brother Anthony doesn’ts show up when we are supposed to escape.

I’m seriously considering about dropping the whole game at this point. From what I’ve read, I’m not even the only one. I just can’t comprehend how someone would think this is fun and engaging gameplay. Also getting put into jail everytime you fail to obey these routines by minute doesn’t help. Sometimes even when you do.

Monastery looks very nice tho.

I mean I literally dropped the game since I thought it would be more interesting to clean my toilet. literally

1 Like

I’ve also stopped playing due to this quest. The most buggy, boring questline I’ve ever played in my life. Whoever came up with it needs to find a new career. Such a shame too, I’ve been enjoying the game so much up to this point.

I’ve just started this quest and can understand the boredom somewhat but I’ve decided to take the leisurely approach.
But, let me get to the point, it just accured to me that you can brew all the potions you need while playing this quest through.
When, at 8 am in the lab, or whatever it’s officially called, after you finish your assignt, you have plenty of time to brew savior schnapps.
Thus, you can use it to save before wandering around , just in case that stupid cicator gives you a hard time. I haven’t tried it yet but I imagine it will work. I also plan on brewing nighthawk potion so I won’t need a torch when I’m sneeking around at night.
After all, all the ingredients are free, you don’t need to go wandering around looking for plantsw. That stupid belladonna is especially hard to find.
Hope this proves to be helpful.

I’d just like to add that, it’s seems to me the creators are simply trying to historically portray all aspects of life in medieval Bohemia and I think they did a great job.

If you don’t like the quest, there is a short way through it that only takes a couple in game days, most of which you can skip through.

Right at the start, tell Antonius you don’t want to do the tour, and tell him that you are there for Pious. He will poison you the first meal. That night, go into the church, on the back side of the altar, get the lockpick. Go out and get your things from the chest.

Then go and click on the piece of paper in the kitchen to order the blood, and go to bed. Skip through the next day, only doing the duties you have to. That night, sometimes the blood is there already, sometimes not. Get it if it is. If not it should be there in the morning, so just eat, and then grab it before the meal is over. Antonius should still be eating, tell him you have everything. Skip through the day, doing your duties, and go to evening mass. After mass meet Antonius on the balcony in the dorm, and finish the quest.

1 Like

Ok. So, you only have the plants, herbs available to you that are needed for the assignment and I couldn’t find any belladonna in the garden.
I’m now thinking of becoming a monk.
Life is peaceful here.
If I stay in the monastery indefinitely, will i be ordained after a year?

If you want to skip the quest…

Go to an earlier save… instigate the quest. Do not join the monastary.

Climb the scaffolding outside the monastary, drop down to the lower roof, and then drop down into the garden courtyard area…

Run around until you find anthony. Kill him. Run to the kitchens, get the key to the monastary… run out of the monastary, ignore the guards… just run away from them… and get on your horse and ride as fast as you can away from sassau…

Find the guys in the swamp… tell them you killed anthony, and the quest will proceed without actually changing anything plot-wise.

Why almost kill yourself to get into the monastery by jumping off the scaffolding? Upstairs in the sw corner you can just go inside by the overseer. Late at night, Sneak through a few room til you see a guy on your left sleeping. Knock out or pickpocket his key. Continue into monastery up to the dorms and murder the guy in his sleep. Hell if you don’t know which one it is and you have good stealth I bet you can stealth kill every single monk without any body even noticing. Way easier. No crime noticed. No injuries incurred. Loot the dice and meet the bandits. Easy fun and wicked. :grin:

No lockpicking skill. Plus, it didn’t hardly hurt me at all. I hopped down to the upper roof, then the lower roof, then the ground. bop bop bop… I think it might have taken around 15% of my life. All four white robed guys were in the courtyard, ran to each till I found anthony… killed him… then ran to the kitchen storage room for the monastery key… ran out the door… hopped on the horse and headed for the countryside.

I never grabbed the dice either… didn’t seem to matter.

It is also the only way that I found to finish the monastery part without having the annoying as hell monastery reminders to eat and pray pop up for the rest of the game. So, this is the way I will handle the monastery every time I play the game from now on.

1 Like

Hmm, should be no lockpicking required, just some sneaking. I also never join the monastery because acting like a monk for 2 days in game is bs, so I don’t have the issue with tasks that they want completed repeating. I do like getting the dice for the bandits tho, because I feel like it makes me appear legit. I would also like to please radzig and not kill the guy, but that’s just plain old tedious. I’ll make the sacrifice.
Just wanted to let folks know you don’t have to jump. You can get the key, kill the guy and have free reign of the monastery with no guards, no witnesses, no penalty, no injury, and no fleeing a crime scene.

Hmmm… those doors are always locked for me. how exactly are you getting into the monastery? I’m must not be understanding your description. If there is an easier way, I’m all for easier ways… :slight_smile:

Hmm how to describe this clearly… if you fast travel to monastery you are outside the draw bridge. Go through the tunnel and above you to your left is an elevated walkway. Take the stairs up there so your Henry is on an exterior walkway on the 2nd level, basically facing south. If you walk forward you run face first into a locked door on the 2nd level of the southwest corner of the monastery, but the door near you on the right should be unlocked as that is the overseers office. I have heard of some people having doors or chests locked when other people didn’t. Maybe it will work for you? I’m kind of curious now if that’s why everybody jumps and I’ve just been lucky?

Ah, yeah, all those doors near and in the overseers office are locked for me. Only the main door into the office is open/unlocked.

Then I stand corrected. I’m trying to play my way thru this quest the long way to see if it repeats the instructions after leaving the monastery. I will admit I don’t recall the first time I accessed the monastery this play through but I had thought the stone investigation quest opened that area.

then there is for PC, console commands of invisibility( zero conspicuness) and no lock picking to help, no pickpocketing to speed your way.