So, the new quest

I don’t think the value especially of the antidote is too overly price, Herbalism wasn’t a common knowledge skill thus is why Jerry didn’t make his own antidote and couldn’t afford one either.

during this time period you weren’t given anesthesia unless you had the money to pay for it.

I think where the balancing needs to be made is supply and demand, a shopkeeper shouldn’t accept all and any crap you sell him just because you want to sell it.

how you would go about implementing this IDK. I guess you could set it up that some merchants will buy things from you but at a depreciated value because its worth less to them v.s. another merchant.

Alchemy Map Updated, I changed the icons up added in pictures from the game.

added a few new markers (archery, Herbalist) and I changed the location on the miss marked coal near the archery range.

1 Like

I agree! But I don´t like it, if the difference between buy and sell is too big.
Games have often a fixed ratio 1:8(example:Dragon Age Origins). That´s for me not realistic. KCD should have another solution!

The archery potion is below the factory cost. Nobody makes and sells the potion for this price. It must be 10 Groschen and more…

When you give the antidot potion to Jerry, he gives you only 10 Groschen(maybe 20). In the shop 150! Not a good deal (give Jerry the potion)… maybe the other way around
He is on the brink of death…and should pay the price (he is a rich farmer :smile:)

Alcohol? I think thats the only anesthesia in this time period.
It´s not a good idea for Jerry to denounce the only anesthesiologist (Marianne the innkeeper) :wink:

Here is the video for the Jerry (Alchemy) Quest.

I shorted (with Esc) the anwers. I find out, you don´t need to interview Jerrys wife, but in my opinion you should (she is in the video).

At the end there was no time to find Marianne… but the Quest is finished.

Alcohol: timeless anesthesia.

I don’t think they should be focusing on fluctuating markets at this point in the development. That seems like a rather auxiliary feature but who knows, maybe it would be really necessary?

I think they should implement alcohol based pain medicating first. Don’t need herbalism to figure how that potion works.

you underestimate the knowledge of herbalists during this time, alcohol was used as the base for tinctures. so any known herbs with anesthetic quality would have been extracted and bottled for use.

the problem is there is limited historical evidence, suggesting it would not have been common practice or knowledge out side of Universities and monasteries.

this isn’t a reputable source its all I had handy before heading out to work this morning.

find this article here.

Scientists in Scotland have now found evidence that medieval monks used crude anesthetic and antiseptic agents. According to a Reuter story, on August 31, 1997, the discovery was made in digging at Soutra Hill some 20 miles (32 kilometers) south of Edinburgh where a large hospital was founded in 1165 and run by Augustinian monks for nearly 400 years until the dissolution of the monasteries. The monks there ministered to casualties from more than 80 armies that fought in the area. The new excavations have uncovered two surgical wards where amputations were done on warriors “anesthetized with opium and hemlock” and where “traces of an analgesic ointment made of opium and lard and a disinfectant ointment laced with arsenic” were also discovered.

1 Like

Marianna: "…and as I promised, the beer is on me from now on."
Henry: "So I’ll stop by sometime and we’ll make merry."
Marianna: “Indeed! You’d be surprised how good I am at merrymaking!”

Does this imply what I think it implies? :unamused:

I don´t know what you are thinking. :smile:
I was joking about Mariannes abillity push through her head with her hand.

What have I implied? :innocent:

You tell me, Blacksmith.

I give the word to Jerry and his wife and the bailiff

Maybe an happy end!

Aha, so she’s basically the town’s harlot.

I suspect this will be another Mafia game set in the Middle Ages, with corruption running rampant and Liege Lords instead of Dons…

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought so :smiley:

Really impressive.

Who needs implications.

Hot coffee anyone?

WOW… @McWonderBeast
Great work with all your Guides and tutorials.
The latest Map Update looks very professional.
I like how you highlight the Nettle Zones.

1 Like

It’s a bug! :slight_smile: You can’t grind it so far! :frowning:

I just have to say great work! Amazing!

2 Likes

@rataj, thank you that was my intention. The main reason I switched it it up was because my brother is color blind and he couldn’t see the colored dots on the old version, and I figured if he can’t see others with color blindness won’t as well.

@WH_JiriRydl, thank you! I plan to continue updating it as new things develop.

Thistle Tour on Video!

All places are shown, where thistles grow. You see the two places where you can find the coals.

There are 13 thistles and 12 coals on the map.
(Sometimes the number of thistles can be a little different.)

You see the “Thistle Bug”: Pick up a thistle, but nothing appears in the inventory. :smiley:
Sometime more than one!

2 Likes

Well done mate you mind if I link this in my map post?

Link it, of course! :smile:

I love the map.
A little suggestion: If you look the first time on the map the charcoal (in the south) is not easy to find.

If you put more points of interest on the map:Tavern
In general (for the other quests):Lost sheep, shepherd; flute, and the farmer who gives the quest. :wink:

1 Like