So, What am i doing wrong? (stealth and infiltration)

so i feel like i’ve tried every possible combination of this equipment. all of this was stolen from 1 of 2 different guards which i lured away and stealth killed. the mission in question is vipers nest and no matter what i do. i’m instantly recognised and then attacked.

so…what am i doing wrong?

It doesnt help to have damaged armor Ive noticed. Plus if you go to the far east where cumans are, talk to the first guard you see and use speech skills. Then, sabotage what you can but out of sight.

ive not tried repairing the armour. ill give that ago. on the other hand im unable to get close enough to converse with anyone as they attack immediately.

You might also reload save and find cumans elsewhere. Try to find one at a camp.

Look at your noise stat, you have 100, which is the maximum.
To go in infiltration you will need leather clothes or not that “heavy” armors and shoes.
Also they can recognize you with the smell if you are so dirty (no joking!)

I’ll assume you’re really in trouble here. Do you see the stats visibility, Conspicuousness, and Noise there on the right?

The higher those vales the worse off you’ll be. You want to rely on Visibility and Noise being as low as possible. Conspicuousness only maters after you’ve been spotted, so sort of moot. So, try taking off as much armor and weapons as you can, and you should probably be bare foot if all you have are those boots.

Your numbers will go way down,. After that, it’s just about boosting your stealth skill to give you more leeway. Good luck hunting.

from my understanding of the stealth mechanic the noise shouldnt matter so long as im wearing cuman gear. but ill give that ago as well (please note i have tried taking off all the actual armour in order to minimise noise)

1 Like

Wow didnt know about smell.

Well I guess so, as there is a perk that gives you stronger smell (good for speaking with women, but reduces infiltration) so I imagine being very dirty will, didn’t confirm it yet.

Im not shure if wearing no clothes does reduce the noise. I think is more about there’s an specific clothes for infiltration (leather or something). I dont know ;\

Just did everything you guys just suggested. (with exception of reloading and finding new cuman armour) none of it worked. i can sneak in if i dont bother with armour but this game is ment to have a disguise and infilitration mechanics which i feel is bugged…

edit…btw this included repairing all the armour, weapons, and tailoring as well as being fully healed and smelling pretty from a bath house. nadda

i understand what you are trying to do. sorry dont have anything to say maybe its just a bug

thats fair. my next goal is to reload an old save and then go cuman hunting.

2 Likes

I believe thats your solution.

I ran into the same issue. I even had a full set of Cuman gear in my inventory already, and that didn’t work either, so I wound up luring someone away and trying on theirs., but to no avail. I watched some gameplay and a guy did this successfully with the same Cuman gear on, so it may be you have to trigger the dialogue on a specific NPC that does the patrols 'round the back in order to set everyone non-hostile.

I’ll take a gander tomorrow and figure this out. I got 30k to spare

Are you trying to sneak while having those armours? I noticed that if you want to infiltrate camp as cuman you equip that stuff and just walk around camp without stealth mode. Also interact with pots and arrows without stealth. If you go stealth they get suspicious and since you got heavy armor on, you fail stealth checks and get caught. Just stroll around camp normally and you shouldnt have problems.

Cumans in the camp, though, tries to talk to you from time to time. You got 3 chances to get out of that conversation with different “speech abilities” or whaever they are called.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. i have tried everything… fully repaired armor. dirty… different armor types. just walking instead of running. seems it’s broken… kinda BIG fail since they sold this like a huge part of the game in their videos…

Have you got the needed Stats? Checked your values in Player SCR for conspiciousness and so on?

Yes i have. i just ran in and put fire to all the arrows and poisoned the food etc. while i had an army chasing me… done with that quest now. but the quest needs some tweaks for sure…