So what damage has this new patch done? (PS4 Pro)

Have not played the game since the July 5th patch that introduced mass pop-in and pop-out along with clothes and armour no longer being visibly damaged/dirty.

I know there was a patch released a week or so back that I installed but not yet got around to playing yet. Fired the PS4 Pro just a few minutes ago and it’s started downloading another update.

My internet speed is extremely slow and will take 5 more hours to download this 2 GB patch.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me in advance what new travesty’s await with this new update?

Horses now completely pixelated? Clouds and sky completely missing? Now completely impossible to hold and use weapons?

Please let me know…don’t hold back!

Think WH probably said enough to make a risk based decision:

in 1.6 version we lowered memory allocated to textures, which fixed many crashes, but lowered visual quality. We have now managed to implement a better fix that still prevents crashes, but has less impact on texture streaming. We know this is still an issue and will continue to address it in further patches.

I guess WH will never be able to fix that in a good way!
There will be always a Compromise between visuals and performance!
The game is out for about half a year…the console version didn’t ran satisfactory since release.
I hope…but my trust is gone!

1 Like

Most games on console are a compromise between the two . Unfortunately for kingdom come it’s a bridge too far that won’t render. I will most likely get the next installment but on doing so on pc. If I had to do it all again. I’d sell my gift copy and get on pc.

2 Likes

The funny thing is I had to decide if I buy a new console or a new PC… only for KCD. ( I have a PS3)
In the end I paid 3-4 times more for the PC only for one game… guest what…KCD! :slight_smile:

But it was the right decision.
If you have a higher class PC the game runs like a charm.

I don´t know if it´s possible to optimize the game enough or if the CRY engine is able to run this game on a PS4(PRO) with a GOOD Performance… I don´t know!!!

The gameplay is great, it is fun to play… but if the technic is not fast enough to “deliver” it´s not really an option to play on console.
Who thinks this game don´t perform on a PS4 or a X1? And it was wrong to came out on this platform.
Or who says this game is better than the bugs and the other problems, and you are grateful for this game experience… ?

To me, performance is tolerable (per last play) on vanilla PS4. WH said in RNs that more adjustments needed and will be done. Good enough for now

1 Like

You made the right call getting the pc. ha my first pc build was for one particular game also. Now I get to game in 1440p, the true sweet spot for gaming right now.

I’d imagine if kcd had only come out on pc, they’d be getting inundated with requests for a console release. I don’t doubt that many are really grateful they even got the chance to play it on console.

My only real concern is just how much the consoles are now going to hold back any future release.

They mentioned When they were starting off with kcd, they had this notion that the next gen consoles(PS4 and xbox1) were going to be a real improvement( kinda like the jump the GPUs made from gtx 970 - 1070) . They soon learned the jump for console’s was very incremental.

Edit to op. They want to know if the new patch 1.10 is good or not. Seen one thread people say it another Step back.maybe hold off on that till your eat more info