So what is next?

So, I’ve sunk a good 500+ hours into KCD, and plan to keep playing cause I just love it. But I can’t help but wonder, what is next? I assume we will see a KCD:2 to maybe wrap up Henery’s story. But what comes after? Does Warhorse Studio’s plan on going into the world of Rome? I feel like they could create an amazing story in such a setting.

Just some random thought on it. And general curiosity.

They are off to such a good start I am definitely excited to see.

Guarantied to not see anything until all the DLC have been out for awhile. so say late 2019 , 2020 earliest.
Also if Ashes is any indication don’t get too worked up and excited about the DLC’s. Wait & don’t get them at release hour. Find out more about them as they come out.

First, they will finish all DLCs and release Modding support by Q1 2019. They are surely working on creating new environment for KCD2 which is supposed to be “bigger” somehow, either world or more quests, it is about saving its drunken majesty and getting the sword back. Few years after 1403, the Hussite Wars started, which were mentioned many times by developers, same people as in KCD world/universe were involved in those and some sons of known nobles were fighting in those, so without confirmation in long run, you should expect that as grand finale to series. There are plenty good games to play, so why bother with future?

I mean… yeah… That’s kind of common sense…

yes yes, I know. the roadmap… I know they have to do the DLCs first for the first game.

That feel when people can’t think hypothetically about 10 years ahead and jsut focus on a simple conversation about “what could be”…

Very true. They have the talent for sure to make many more games in the next 10+ years. Should be interesting to see how WHS grows and evolves.

I hold the facts, nothing else. I do not have time for overthinking every single thing.

Whatever will be next will probably be a DLC and not a new one.

“the amorous adventures of Sir Capon” is the next DLC to play.

1 Like

Oh dear God Warhorse, do the world a favour & make an actual, gritty, horrific, HISTORICALLY ACCURATE, WWII game! Gamers are crying out for one! Call of Duty & Battlefield have let everyone down by attempting to alter and/or whitewash the past for the sake of pandering to a wider, casual audience. Please, swoop in & save the day!
You’re the only developer that has the balls to tell the story of the second world war in graphic, unbiased detail. I want you to traumatise me. I wanna have PTSD by the time i reach the credits. Show the world the true horrors our grandfathers & great grandfathers endured. Help us Warhorse… You’re our only hope…

2 Likes