So what RPG would you say this is most similar to?

Like fallout new vegas? A rich man’s oblivion? I’m still unsure what this is comparable to. Its like a kickstarter game that is more of an AAA game and an AAA game that is more of a kickstarter. I don’t know how to describe it

it’s not an rpg, it’s its own category. medieval sim

1 Like

It’s too arcade to be a simulator, though…

I can’t ignore the same feeling I had when I played War of the Roses. I hope that WH can implement their Jousting style into KCD. (if any type of jousting existed there)

Clash of clans.

I would say Gothic franchise. (except for Arcania Gothic 4).

So many aspects scream Skyrim. Alchemy is a big one. The way some basic stats tie into skills. Perks system. Not identical by any means but the influence is there.

dare I say skyrim with a touch of the Mount and blade/war of the roses combat system

The problem with Skyrims ‘potions’ was being able to scrub as many of them as you like…
I had a mate who completed every challenge practically first pass by eating everything that wasn’t nailed down.
In this regard/context the ‘potions’ having a toxicity factor more akin to the Witcher maybe…

My GF found/“got to” potion making first (in our household). We were stoked…

We laughed so hard at not being able to read… and figured the diagrams looked useful enough…(chanting “best game ever”)

On topic I’d go with something like the original Phantasy Star for feeling like your playing with graphics power beyond what a game should have…

Die by the Sword for introducing a new combat system of significance…

Might and Magic 3 for having a huge interest in wanting to explore the world?

The feeling of awe like the first time Ultima VII showed its grunt. The agony of an unpolished gem ‘out the gate’ like the last Ultima…

The real feeling world of the first Deus Ex, and its multiple solutions to a challenge…
;-)Yes System Shock(2) nailed multiple solutions better.

Time period open world with ‘living aspects’- Shenmue.

World with an engine designed for no loading zones & introducing the next step in graphics quality? (Damn- forgot the name -came out around Pentium 3 era and was a Diablo clone except it had mechanoids as later game enemies… had two sequels as well…)

Pure damn addiction? Diablo

Story driven roleplay;-Baldurs Gate and Planescape?

Now if they can just get a lil Darklands into it… (travelling to a specific city/location for a festival/event and actually caring about the calendar)

1 Like

This game plays very much, like Witcher 3, with the dialogue options, time limit to answer questions, movie-like conversation screens during dialogue. They even have a horse named Roach, that you can buy as well as a Witcher perk under Alchemy.

I have been getting Deus Ex-ish vibes all along. (First DX)

It feels like good old Mafia from Daniel Vavra. Kind of interactive movie driven by great story and environment.

Gothic, Arcania, Risen, The Witcher