So what's next?

Longbow was a speciallity of english army. They were used to lesser extent in Flanders and NW part of France. Other continental armies,mainly those of HRE started to replace central european typ of bow from mid of 14th century and switching largely to crossbows. Due to ever extending presence of transitional plate armor on battlefields rendering bows to the role of hunting tools and “recreational” archery = still popular with nobility. Crossbow was also better weapon for castle defenders,them having restricted space on ramparts for full usage of bows. Also predominantly defensive character of continental wars favoured crossbow. This has been put into full use by Hussites and their famous war vagons creating defensive wall against which iron lords on horses had no tactics. Mounted crossbowmen were also popular,using weaker but easily reloadable crossbows. Many people think of crossbow as big,unwieldy weapons with cranks,windlasses and other weird devices for loading. But these were heavy siege weapons used much later ~1450s onwards allready with steel limb. In times of our game,typical crossbow would still have composite limb and was loaded by attaching the string to the special belt hook ,puting one foot inside loading stirrup and pressing it towards the ground. Contrary to popular believe it was not that significantly slower then knocking and shooting from bow, and especially warbows. To fully load 150+lbs warbow wasnt particularly fast and required strenght only years of training would provide for archer.

1 Like

This is the first game I’ve been really digging in years. I play Sea of Thieves to pass the time, and I love that game, but I like the story aspect of KCD.

I like to think they are focusing on fixing bugs right now and by the end of summer there should be news of a DLC or something. Before people with their short attention spans forget about it.

I don’t know have you heard about Mount and Blade Bannerlord II…

Yes. Atleast I will have a game to play when I retire.

1 Like

Haha… yeah, or have a game to play after we reincarnate several times over ?

Welcome Aletian

LOL, Thank you for the welcoming :slight_smile: