So what's next?

Future DLCs? Any timeline as to what is next? etc?

I’m about to finish my 2nd playthrough and its quite sad if im gonna go for a 3rd time… :confused:

2 Likes

Not sure I agree.
Playing PacMac/Space Invaders/Galaga/Double Dragon/Golden Axe - heck Sega Rally…

Didnt we ‘restart them’ more than three times?

Id rather rewatch a great movie than sit through something not to my interest. Replayability is why my digital disc collection is filled with awesome movies and audio.
I didnt play Dark Side of the Moon once and ‘call it a day’.

Kingdom Come offers variation and nuances worth revisiting.
And relatively free reign.

The experience is as different as you choose to make it.
Some new to this genre dont understand that and their forym comments come off sounding shortsighted when they truly cannot see a reason to restart.

Many on these forums can attest to trying different playstyles across a few playlines.

Generally the fun time in many games is the first chunk of time with weak ass underpowered characters.
Spose it depends on the gamer- some dont want danger (fear). They like invincibility and unlimited cash and unlimited ammo etc…
I like trying to scrounge a few coins together to buy nice things my character would want.
Many games lose all interest to me once I pass their point of difficulty.

Rogue Legacy is infinitely rewarding to me…

To each their own?!

Dont get me wrong, i love the game.

Im just itching for more content and so far, no news/plans are in the headlines when i search it up on google.

dont want to play the game a 3rd time because i might burn out before the expansions come. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would still be replaying this game over and over if it hadn’t been for the fact that my last three playthroughs all ended in the game going into slow motion for no particular reason.

I agree with most of your post, however the story end in a weird way, and it should have left you in a way where you can continue to do the open world play style without getting the feeling of just being left hanging on a cliff.

Need to rebuild a city, clear an area of bandits, I mean there is a lot that could have been done to guide the played off in a more gentle way.

In the witcher 3 you get a farm you need to refurbish, in skyrim you get married and also a can build or refurbish a farm, it’s a great way to leave the main story and let the player continue the game.

Sure we know there is more, however we do not know when, it could be in 2025 or in 2019.

I don’t think the investors will let it drag to 2025. 2019 for a big DLC, 2020 for next chapter.

2025??? Absolutely not, people have short attention spans. Even I’m starting to forget about this game now I’ve completed the main quest. After years of waiting for this, it all felt like a bit of anti-climax really. Don’t think I could be bothered to hang around to 2025. Even the talk of modding tools has gone quiet.

I found the game fun at times, breathtaking at times, dull and boring at times. I think they could do with introducing some kind of dungeon system, (even if it means deviating 10% from reality)? That silver mine maze attempt spoke of desperation to me to make an underground system enjoyable. Didn’t work! What about some hidden religious cult or something with dark, sinister intentions? Or a lost underground Templar temple with hidden secrets. Just something to break up the endless beautiful empty forests!

Even the political intrigue in the game felt a bit too narrated to me, without really involving your character.

And please please sort out important NPC dead ends. In Witcher 3 when Geralt is finished dealing with his friends and love interests, they wander off somewhere. This is a good idea, because there’s nothing worse than building up relationships with characters only for them to act like mannequins once they’ve played their part. Theresa, Samantha, etc. (I hope in a follow up there are repercussions for sleeping with the gaffa’s wife?) Only that toff (can’t remember his name… Capon? ) keeps a dynamic continuity with Henry throughout the game.

PS: I’ve not mentioned the performance and stability issues.

It’s very good game with so much potential; but for me, it needs to keep pushing forward, because otherwise I’ll just look at it as something a bit different; interesting, but soon forgotten.

1 Like

I really hope they make a second chapter. I get nervous about the metacritic scores…69 on PS4, 68 on Xbox One…but the silver lining is PC 76. It’s quite the range. Honestly have never seen a spread from consoles to PC this wide. Although, 8 points isn’t a lot. But I can’t remember a game I’ve enjoyed enough to regularly checked Metacritic with such a variance.

I really love this game on PC. And I hope a second chapter arrives before 2025 lol. If at all, it’d bet on 2020 earliest, but more likely 2022.

I’m not so certain. I really don’t think the first attempt is so mind blowing we’ll wait till 2022. But who knows?

Rylenofnthumb in industry is seven is fine ifnyou are a fan of the genre.
Seven generally indicates either

• It added nothing new vs games previous
  • It had niggly control or menu issues that held it back
  • Its story doesnt suit everyone

KCD has legitimate reasons it doesnt suit everyone.
Its R rating precludes that- but a few design ideals that actually have many people picking it up, also turn off other gamers.

This type of game was typically a 5% of the games market type interest…
Skyrim and the Witcher gained acclaim and widen this audience. Elder Scrolls became rpg lighter and lighter as time went on.
Witcher 3 making Geralt a godlike badass (with a reload ability in case the player ever actually mucked up) removed most actual fear from consequence and made it a grwat game for casual types who previously wouldnt have played deep rpgs.

Skyrim is a medeival walking simulator with elves and magic. And a poor one compared to KCD.
I can miss out on elves and magic for just the streams and rivergrass that KCD gives.

Thise secen scores (presenly hampered by game bugs) are not real indicator of thisngame to the audience who want it.
For the target audience this game is a 9+
(Once fixed and finished)

I think for the target audience it’s about an 8, for general gamers lucky to get a 5.

I’m target audience and I would give Skyrim a 7 at best. It’s the mods that have made that game so legendary. I mean what game has about 10,000 mods to customise it to suit everyone’s game style?

KCD is poorer than I expected, but it still has potential. they’ll have to make it happen, but it won’t be easy.

For me, the witcher 3 is still the best open world RPG (with a skyrim like mod base it would be amazing) and Divinity Original Sin 2 is the best turn based RPG

KCD was In the works since 2012. That’s 6 years for a game with an average score of the low 70’s. I love this game, don’t get me wrong. But I don’t believe they have the upper hand in future development. At least from a backer standpoint.

People keep mentioning part 2 from backers. Is KCD currently funding a part 2 from anybody?

I think what WH needs is a short and epic story driven DLC at little to no cost to win back some of its fan base. Probably a free DLC. Then, I could imagine a future release of any part 2.

I’m 130 hours in and am infatuated with this game. I really am. I feel SO bad for those who can’t play this game because of the bugs. This game is really something special when it works.

I’m curious, if KCD came out with a story driven DLC for 20 bucks tomorrow, would you buy it? I would!!! Just not sure enough people would at this point to justify a part 2 until they win back their fan base.

1 Like

I would buy a DLC as well tomorrow. Problem is, there is no energy it seems to me to keep us interested. It seems like the developers have already given up after their first, semi botched attempt.

1 Like

9 out of 10?

I’d rate it at a 9 for sure. Or 90 or 100 or whatever. On PC the game is very playable. There’s so much going on to keep me preoccupied. I’ve never been so active in a gaming forum before. This game makes me want more! lol. I sure hope more comes to this game with DLC’s and Mods. I haven’t grown tired of it yet. Except with update 1.4.1…that update sucked! haha. Until PC update 1.4.2. But otherwise this game has really been something’s special for me.

3 Likes

I am also a member of the target audience. I give the game a strong 9 as it is on ps4. The bones of this game are much stronger than any of its contemporaries in my opinion. The way they painstakingly reconstructed the world. The voice acting. The depth. Other studios have created three, four, even six games on far less. I hope they allow me to return to Sasau, Rattai, and the whole country side with more content, be it DLC or another game.

2 Likes

I’ve been avoiding playing the MQ lines and robber baron, cloth make the man (a no show) and training with Bernard due to bugs like Capon in never getting dressed, all my on henry stuff disappearing between Bernard training and robber baron infecting back 10 saves.
Waiting for 1.43 to see what they fixed. I love the game but starting over again another 30 hours of play makes me want to wait.

This.

The ending was a cliffhanger. Halfway my first playthrough, I had the feeling we werent going to finish what we set out to do (kill Mark Von Au-something), but I AT LEAST thought we would get the sword back or the tosh dude in chains.

I’m not that bummed, but the fact that the game had no post-ending content made the cliffhanger very unbearable.

It is not like they have to build Act II(III) from scratch. Basic game mechanics are there. I dont think they will add tons of new equipment as we allready have an abundance of weapons and armor now .
They need to introduce:

1. crossbows instead of overused and largely displaced bows (longbows in Bohemia… thats so Brave Heart Robin Hood Hollywood :grinning:).
  2. Horse archery…please,if at all,then with cuman composite reflex bows only. And should be extremly difficult to learn. Nomads trained since childhood to become masters.
  3. polearms in general.
    Then comes lots of motion capturing for cutscenes,dialogues and quests. And a new map.

That sounds cool, but were crossbows already a thing back in 1401?

Has anyone heard of any DLC news or rumors?? Cant wait to play more of this game. Im just going in circles in the map right now… Slicing bandits and stuff

yes. More prevalent than long bows in some armies Except for the Mongols and other stepped related people with a horse culture, Turks , ottomans.