Solved - Tournament - quest fails if I don't win every duel

Hi,
I’ve won the first tournament, and am now doing the tournament for the second time.
I’ve just had the same bug twice in a row :

• beat the two first opponents
  • win one fight against the third oppenent, lose one fight
  • the herald starts saying that “sir hanush has chosen the weapons for the third fight” but before the fight starts, the quest fails, the tournament is cancelled and everyone turns hostile and attacks me.
    I’m on PC, game version is 1.8.1-247g

update: it was just a guard that wanted to search me during the fight, that’s why the tournament was broken and everyone was turning hostile.

This is, how the tournament is supposed to work, you have to win every duel.
But don’t mind if u lose one, the tournament starts again after a few days

If it’s the way it is suppose to work, why does the herald says that there will be a third round, and that Sir Hanush choses weapons for that round?
I don’t see why I should win every round since I have to beat twice the same opponent to win a duel, it would appear logical that the same applies to my opponents.

You face a different opponent each time……. I have won two and lost the third, I guess I really suck sword fighting.

I don’t think you guys understood the problem here…
The tournament goes like this :

• 3 duels
  • you have to defeat twice each random competitor to win a duel
  • you have to win 3 duels to win the tournament

In my case, I beat the two first competitors twice, then only defeat once the third one.

As he as won the fight where he had the choice of weapons, and I have won the fight where I had the choice of weapons, there should be a third round, right?
And there seems to be one, as the herald goes on shouting “sir hanush has chosen the weapons for the third fight” and I can see that my opponent and I are ready for another round… but at this point instead of the start of the fight, the quest state goes to “tournament cancelled” (not “you’ve lost the tournament” or something like that) and everyone turns hostile.

Well I’ve tried again and again and finally I managed to win quick enough to figure out that it was a guard that would pass along the arena at a certain moment, and order me to surrender to be searched.
That’s why everyone was turning hostile.

1 Like

Have not had that happen during the tournament, plenty of times after I stole things……It is not a “bug” but a random event trigger.

Tried this for the first time last night.
Yes I had one try ruined by a guy asking to search me. (I am getting harassed by the guards because after I knocked out the guy in the fist fighting mission I was searching him when he came to and I have been being harassed by guards ever since. I have never stolen anything in rattay what was not just about a quest where I had to. ) but ya that wrecked one tourney so i had to restart. Then I made it all the way through the tourney but lost the first long sword battle to the black guy, (was cheesy thought I had him) and then beat him in the middle battle with sword and shield. So the last battle went to shied and hammer…lol. I lost that bad. I will try again and hope to win the first of three against him. And I am going to drink three buff potions too.