Someone convince me to buy this

I love rpg’s and I mostly play rpg’s. I can play any of them, whether its the witcher 3 or persona 5, but I NEED character interaction and lots of dialogue with good interesting characters. I could never get into dragons dogma because the story was god awful in it.

This game is such a huge wildcard to me. It could be good, one of those gems, or be bland and boring. I have no idea which it’s gonna be. They said there is around 4 hours of cutscenes in the game, which is good, but that doesn’t indicate if there’s actually going to be interesting and meaningful characters to meet.

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on this game and preordered it yet because I’m unsure if the story and narrative will be bland/boring or not. The main character doesn’t feel me with confidence that I’ll love the story, but I’m chalking that as a young innocent MC and maybe in the sequels he will turn into a badass, like geralt.

I won’t try to convince you, however, have you seen the history and the story of this game?
I mean, where did they take the idea and how did they build it?
Yes, Warhorse it’s a new studio, but I invite you to know those crazy and brilliant people who are working on KCD, and the huge experience they have, each one has an unique and special story to tell about the game, and you won’t see something similar in other place.
Don’t check those gameplays, but check what people say after every event such as PSX.

If you wanna try another type of RPG, you definitely should give it a try.

And maybe some time later you might tell us if it was worth…

2 Likes

There is no problem with waiting a few weeks after release to wait for reviews. And then decide to buy it or not.

5 Likes

Pre-ordering and associated bonuses are right up there for me with micro-transactions… I just dislike the notion

I backed this project because I believed in it and wanted to contribute to it being realized back when it was being Kickstarted. That being said, I wouldn’t have pre-ordered this game, or any other game for that matter. So if you’re not a backer just wait till Feb as @jackalj says. Read the reviews then make an informed decision on it.

Many of us have been waiting for this for years so surely a few months isn’t going to hurt :smile:

5 Likes

I don’t want to convince you, because everybody has to make his own decisions.
But I can tell you why I bought this game.
For me, this game is like a dream of a game. It’s the game I always wanted to make. It’s completely unique, and possibly a milestone in gaming history. I have never seen something like this. There just isn’t anything like it out there.
Look:

• Realistic (!) middle age setting (no other roleplay game has this)
  • all things that you would love to do in such a setting, like:
    Epic battles, being the attacker and being the defender during a siege, riding horses like a knight, without all the fancy fantasy, realistic and sophisticated fighting, epic music, good graphics, the best forest i have ever seen in any video game, every decision you make has an impact, every quest can be solved in multiple ways, and multiple things i have NEVER seen in ANY other roleplaying game, like:
  • every AI has its unique daily routine, like a real person, including sleeping, eating, working
  • every AI has its unique character traits
  • every AI fights differently
  • every AI does their things when you sleep, so time really passes when you sleep like in a real night

It just has so many things that i have never seen before and that we probably won’t see in an other game for some time. So if you want a unique game that you have never seen before, then this is for you. :slight_smile:

I know, I love this game!

4 Likes

Look at the new video on YouTube on warhorse channel. just on making the music.

This isn’t a game … It’s an adventure.

3 Likes

geralrltofrivia2345. I would agree with everything Flarius has posted. I rarely pre-order games and in the 20+ years of playing computer games, I have only Pre-orderd 3 games, TES Skyrim, Far Cry 5 (February 27th 2018 release date) and Kingdom Come: Deliverance (February 13th 2018 release date). I also plan on pre-ordering Mount & Blade II Bannerlord, whenever that may be in the near future. Anyway, the only other thing that I would like to add, is that this is a Story driven game, with lots of dialogue and game changing events and consequences, based on your Character’s decisions, which by the way, I love as well and look for in any RPG that I purchase. Lastly, like someone has already stated, you can just wait and watch some gameplay videos during the first 2 weeks and then make your decision. You will only lose out a few extra goodies, by not pre-ordering the game. In the end, it’s your money and your decision. Good luck!

playing a bad ass to fulfill juvenile power fantasies is boring as hell. this game is realistic, you are from a lower station so you won’t be a “bad ass” like we know from comic books and popular culture, you will be a fleshed out, believable character from an authentically portrayed medieval east europef. also, how “bad ass” you are will depend on your choices in the game. by the same token, someone can choose to be less aggressive and violent, take a backseat to the fighting, or choose the option of stealth and staying hidden shooting arrows and staying outside of the fighting.

nothing is more stupid than saying hopefully the sequel will be better when you haven’t even played or seen even a fraction of what the game has to offer.

1 Like

Sorry for the bad news…
Relaese Date changed: 27.march.2018

Thanks, but it’s no big deal for me, I’d rather they release the game in it’s best optimized form and wait 1 extra month. Besides, I pre-ordered the game, so it will be setting in my Ubisoft library of games, when I get around to playing it. I had already made plans on playing, spending all my time and completing KCD first, before going to Far Cry 5 and then Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord. I have more games and more future games in my sight, than time to play them. LOL Thanks for the update though!

In Austria also :frowning:

Just dropping bane poison into a guard campa food supplly and watching them drop tp their death and the rest freak out while i stabs there waiting for my chance to loot this guy naked was worth it IMO!

I baned all of neuhof food buckets one weekend and it was great to see people dieing all over the village.

I get a warm and fuzzy feeling in my stomach when I see a wayfarer walkung down the road and I sneak up behind him with no help around for him and drive a dagger down through his throat/collar bone then loot him naked. Feels so Merica!

I truly love killing the entire kcd world!

Not my job to convince you to buy the best game ever. You decide if you can be arsed or not