Something important that is (maybe) missing from an historic point of view

Hello, it just occured to me and I wanted to share: there are soldiers, stables, peasants, tailors, tanners, butchers, blacksmiths, (rogue) millers, woodcutters and servants, which is very much appreciated… But -and this is a big but- were there no potters in this area? No pottery seriously? Maybe I have wrong expectations and there were none working in this part of Bohemia, but it seems very unlikely to me… Maybe I didn’t find them somehow… Can someone help me here please? Were potters kept for later intentionally? I would really like to watch someone make decorated medieval pottery… (By the way, the 1.3.x patch was great for me on pc: thank you for this!)

1 Like

I miss cats :blush: … i think they havent unlimited resources.

No potters, no cats, no rats

Its a game :kissing_closed_eyes:

Yes. I also haven’t seen anybody sitting on the toilet having a crap in my travels.
Oh the things they haven’t put in.

This one was easy :slight_smile: I did not intend to point the lack of potters as criticism and I understand that the resources are limited: many other activities could be added and some will. But I really would like to hear from wh why potters were left aside (if it was intentional?) Nevertheless, the depiction of everyday medieval life would be pretty much complete with them being added don’t you think? I am quite sure that some dogs can be easily replaced with cats, whereas some chickens could be turned into mices be it in a mod or in a future patch: I really hope so for the sake of all cats lovers…

The game is not for 4y old, maybe that is the reason why…

I was being sarcastic!
Apart from the people who are really having major problems I’ve been amazes at the number of really petty nitpicking posts,

What would you even go to a potter for in this game? For a flower vase you could use a pot i guess, but potions are stored in glass phials, beer and wine poured in wooden tankards or in waterskins, water is transported with buckets and most liquids are stored in wooden barrels, herbs stored in sacks, etc etc.

Right, that could be the basic explanation: potters wouldn’t be of much use in game… Except with quests or activities specifically involving potters: retrieve some rare colorant… Retrieve and deliver clay… Deliver some goods to a potter… This also applies to tanners for instance (the plot involving a tanner’s son was more important in the beta I think…) Nevertheless, some npcs making potteries would offer some nice animations to watch (as blacksmiths) and would nicely contribute to the atmosphere of the otherwise well crafted setting by depicting a very common activity in a convincing way…