Statement about the release date discussion

Its better to have a delay imo then dealing with angry demon possessed customers who have day 1 game breaking bugs or crippling performance issues on new hardware, So keep up the good work and very good work so far

1 Like

In light of this delay, is there any way to upgrade the Soldier tier from the Kickstarter? I backed at that level way back then, now I canā€™t find any way to upgrade that pledge and play the beta, so I guess Iā€™m stuck waiting on the final release unless I want to waste my kickstarter pledge and buy a separate new pledge with beta access?

I mean, take the time you need to make the game the right way, etc.

Yes. The kickstarter pledges are no longer avaliable. You would have to switch to current tiers.

You can upgrade you pledge directly from the game website, not from Kickstarter.
When you login with your credentials and try to buy a new game the system tells you that ā€œYou already own a lower tier, but you can upgrade!ā€ and you have to pay only for the difference.

3 Likes

Ahah! That answers my question then ā€“ I was looking for an ā€œupgradeā€ option. Thanks!

2 Likes

Not surprised at all. Beta in its current state needs a lot of work.

1 Like

You are not alone in this, I hold the same opinion!

2 Likes

I am starting to worry that this game will also end up like NO MANā€™S SKY.

2 Likes

Well, I can promise you that this will not be the case. Why?
No Mans Sky was a pretty vague product, fans are disappointed mainly because they had wrong expectations, not per se because No Mans Sky is a bad game. And how did they get this wrong expectations? Because it was not very clear what kind of game No Mans Sky would be, many people even thought it would be a multiplayer game.
People were projecting their hopes and ideas into No Mans Sky, because everything was so vague. But this is not the case at Kingdom Come Deliverance, it is very clear what we want to make, how the gameplay of Kingdom Come Deliverance will be look like. People even play the Beta and they can see what will be our idea of the game.

9 Likes

Until release will there be some video updates regarding other minigames like smithing or cooking? Iā€™d like to see something like that. I liked the shown improvements on sleeping etc. in on of the last vids (gc
i think()

Yes, we will have other video updates with content about the game development, which will show what is going on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Witcher 3 syndrome? Yeah they had to change the game to make sure it runs on consoles and pc. But The witcher 3 isnā€™t a bad game. Itā€™s one of the best games this year, the last few years. And some say it has set a new standard. So itā€™s not a bad thing.

And I donā€™t know any studio that makes 2 versions (or 2 games as you say) of a game for consoles and for pc. The costs would be far to great, and anyone with logical thinking would now that Warhorse isnā€™t able to pay for 6 games. They had trouble enough to get funding for this one game.

I understand the financial implications of mulitplatform releases. Iā€™ve just started W3 and its littered with obvious last minute compromises (90% of NVIDA tech removed) that spoilt a very immersive fantasy adventure.
Iā€™ve seen a PC build of KCD that I wanted to support and invest in, it pushes hardware past its limits which is a good thing. When I upgrade my gtx 970 and get a gtx1170 Iā€™ll play it through again in all its glory. (two young kids so Iā€™m skipping the 10 series)

I dont think KCD has lots of the console crippling effects w3 promised so dialling back content for consoles could just be a case of draw distance/shadows/folliage/LOD scaling which is fine.

That is the ideal way to do it IMO.

Make a PC version that goes to ULTRA. make sure the game is ok on medium (console) and the range between medium and ultra is down to PC strength and personal preference.

in a perfect worldā€¦

Any news on a release date or an estimate for 2017?

@jackalj No, no news about a release dateā€¦ But here is a quote from the ā€œWeekly Torchā€ that helps perhaps a little bitā€¦

Thanks for the quote. Letā€™s hope they donā€™t get delayed by something unexpected. I do hope this game doesnā€™t come out around the same time that Mass Effect Andromeda is released.

I would like KC:D to be released in March 2017 already!

1 Like

They said somewhere, donā€™t remember where exactly, that itā€™s mostly optimizing they need to do now.
I donā€™t know how long something like optimization will take, I guess it takes as long, when WH is happy with how the game runs. Not alot of game devs can do that.

Dunno where did you read/hear that, because it is not exactly true.
Optimization is only one aspect of the game we are working on.

1 Like

Then just disregard my comment, i was wrong.

1 Like