Stealth Kills Waking Everyone

My stealth is currently 15 (13+2). How high does it need to get before performing a stealth kill does not instantly alert everyone within 20 feet? I’m getting a little frustrated with performing a “stealth” kill on a roving guard while the rest of the camp sleeps soundly only to turn around and see the other four bandits simultaneously rising from their beds, somehow magically woken by the extreme stealthiness of my kill.

1 Like

You need forester and padded armor for it to work I’ve noticed

1 Like

Already have Forester as well as a number of other perks focused on stealth. Does not seem to make any difference.

Probably glitched then like everything else in this game, my literate perk or well read perk (the one that gives you a bonus with guards) never activated and my balanced diet stays on no matter what and immediately activated when I chose it.

Yeah, I got the same behavior with Balanced Diet.

I’m also seeing problems with saved games now. Like, the game doesn’t save when I sleep anymore. I get the “Game Saved” message but there is no actual Save Game added. You’re right about the number of bugs that still exist. There are a ton. Having said that, the game is still tons of fun. But there is certainly room for improvement.

Discovered not too long ago that doing a Knock Out generates less noise than a Stealth Kill so you can often Knock Out someone sleeping relatively close to someone else without waking the other person. You can then carry their body away, dump it, stand up, and Kill them.

That seems like a lot of work though, given that the perk Stealth Kill should probably let you… you know… kill someone… stealthily.

Hmm Stabbing someone killing them instantly VS Suffocating a guy who is struggling and moaning way longer? Clearly that dagger is SCREAMING when you pull it out

It’s not the noise that alerts the camp, it’s the dying.

The instant someone dies, the entire camp gets alerted to that fact if it occurs within a certain radius. You’ll see the same behavior if you, for example, one-shot a roaming guard with an arrow to the head. It’s an instant kill where he has zero chance to make even a single squeak but the moment he dies, everyone in camp is alerted to that fact and they all come running straight out to the location of the kill, then to wherever you shot the arrow from, “the shot must have come from this direction!”

So if you instead just perform a Knock Out and then carry the body far enough away from the camp that none of the other bandits/Cumans are within the alert radius, you can kill the one you Knocked Out without alerting anyone else.

You have to understand that in 1403 Bohemia, it was very common for every bandit living in the wild to be connected to a heart monitor that blares out a loudspeaker alert the instant someone’s heart stops beating. Electronic heart monitors could also be found on virtually every villager, nobleman, merchant, and clergyman and in fact were so ubiquitous that when Sigismund’s army invaded Bohemia, the common folk rallied together and provided these electronic heart monitors to all the invaders as a gesture of goodwill.

Seriously people, learn your history.

2 Likes

The stealth could use some improvement, especially if you lullby potion someone and kill them when they sleep it suddenly awakens the whole damn down which causes the npcs to run in never ending fractles to guards who are so unrealistically retarded.

I kill you in your sleep like a dagger in my hand and i stab the shyt out of you with hands over your mouth… You better die and stfu