Stealth kills

So i just leveled high enough in stealth to unlock stealth killing…but its 80% not stealth if one person is in range so whats the point. i tried to kill a bandit camp and every woke on the first kill… like really… don’t get me started on the whole aggro macanics on how any bandit can track me in the darkness of night at zero noise… these need to be fixed…

3 Likes

agreed. I normally prefer playing with stealth approach but it’s utterly impossible to clear camps with silent takedowns for the reasons you mentioned.

I am also very dissapointed in the whole stealth kill scenario.

It is, in actuality, a kill while crouching dynamic and has no opportunity on armoured foes. It is a complete wast of time and would not be missed if it was removed from the game completely.

You don’t even get to equip a dagger it just needs to be in your inventory.

Poor game design.

The stealth works in this games is that game wants you dead for some reason so stealth mode means dead mode :smiley:

Poison their food?

if you poison food you will have to wait food to be consumed and i think all that waiting,sleeping and fast traveling system is made slow only to make game last longer and give you more hours of waiting :smiley:

I’m pretty sure it’s technical workaround replacing loading screens.

1 Like

If you have a look at waiting or sleeping 'clock" it does loading only on a last hour if decide to stop yourself sleeping or waiting you will have loading on r/h side symbol to wait to finish . so developers could actually make it more realistic and lets say while you riding horse make fast travel faster and on foot slower .

I have a huge issue with this as well. What is the point of stealth kills at all if someone literally 20m away can hear it, from across an entire camp, from another tent?

Your stealth has to be extremely high, the padded armor perk helps also but you can stealth kill a bandit camp, I have forester also, here is a picture of me stabbing one of them sleeping in broad daylight.

Nvm I can’t upload files anymore even with refreshing

So I don’t want to do this mission the ‘‘normal way’’(without saying to much about that since spoilers…) so I leveled up lockpicking to be able to do hard locks and stealth enough to unluck stealth kill. And I worky my way through the building and everyone is sleeping. So I made my way to where the target is sleeping, quite a way to go from the main door and up there several people are sleeping. So I find the target, use stealth kill and EVERYONE is waking up and running for the guards, but even before they reach the stairs(a few meters from where they sleep) the guards was allready there… This game is great but the stealth part… Is not even worth it

It does not feel like stealth kill but push a big red alarm button and makes the guard be there before you manage to turn arround…

Can’t pick a whole camp of Cuman off at once. But can usually stealth kill one, escape, get on horse, ride away, draw at least one away, then depending how I feel, (torment the Cuman with arrows—daytime) or keep riding away till he gives up and turns back, after that sneak behind and stealth kill/KO

One note: if you mess around too much, a Cuman archer can shoot the horse out from under you

If you’re having trouble performing Stealth Kills without waking everyone in the camp, consider doing a Knock Out instead. It has a smaller alert radius so if they’re not sleeping too closely together, you can sometimes Knock Out your victim, carry his body away from camp, dump it, stand up, and then Kill him without having alerted anyone.