Stealth system

I mentioned that the focus of the game is set on fight and speech. I am scared that the stealth part of the game is just a small feature. The fight and dialoges have much more attention than the sneaky part. KC:D have realistic nights a advanced AI. Where are the stealth killing animations. Stealth gameplay is a important game feature and need much attention. KC:D need a stealth play level like far cry(throw stones,diffrent takedowns moves, smart enmy behavior)

2 Likes

Hi, I also like to see more stealth game play. But I like to prefer something like in the first two “Thief Dark Project series” games. A visible indicator would be nice. That would be cool.

I agree I miss the takedowns.

1 Like

This is all work in progress now, and stealth system is a very important feature. We already have some stealth kill animations, but we will have more for sure. You can drag and carry bodies, and for how long will depend on your strength. You can poisen food and there are several factors if you will get detected or not, not only noise and visibility. Stealth system will be similar deep to combat and speech.

5 Likes

Great to hear that. Will be the best game in the world

1 Like

I don’t agree.

One of the last things I want to see in KCD is “stealth killing animations”. Quick time events with pressing a single button hinted on the screen have no place in this game, I believe so.

Really that is ridiculos. What is the alternative? The current system? It looks like henry is sticking the enrmy with a fork. Very very unrealistic. And same gameplay effect. You attack 3 times the enemy but after the first strike your enemy is unable to turn the fight or react. No modern game renounce of a stealth kill animation because it is more realistic and immersive. The gameplay effect is not changing but it is more immersiv (need realistic animations). For that reason I think this is one of the most demanded features of KC:D.

Since kickatarter the devs say that there will be 3 main ways to solve a quest. Stealthplay, regular fight, and of course speech. Stealth play is a quick time event but it is not easier to do than the other ways. You have to sneak, to stalk, and you need a good timing to surprise your enemy. Only stealthkill animation can give you a immersive expierence. A fighting system with only 2 animations is unrealistic, a talk with half sentences are unrealistic and last but not least a stealth gameplay is unrealistic without good animations. But because stealthkill or takedown animations only have advantages (immersion) and no disadvantages in gameplay and because I saw some in KC:D video I can not believe that WH will forget such an important detail.

1 Like

I found stealth really fun in the beta, when I did reconnaissance on the bandit camp, I put all my equipment into my saddle, kept only my short sword and pants, no shoes. waited till night and snuck around poisoning food, burning their arrows, and making a quick escape… was not detected, It was awesome felt real and was a great achievement as I spent so much time observing and waiting for dark.

stealth isn’t all about take downs but getting information undetected, sabotage and theft.

2 Likes

how did you determine what to take and what to leave with the horse?
Did you use the “stealth” stat in inventory?

That sounds like reasonable assumption. Or he just roleplayed it, as this kind of equipment is exactly what I would take If I wanna be really quiet, and this game does work like a real life in many aspects

Was thinking mainly about noise and sight, as at this stage my stealth level was only 1, so thought it’d best to go bare foot and leave all equipment that was not needed, was really fun scoping the camp before breaching at night.

When beta came out I also really enjoyed scouting the camp, counting enemies, poisoning food and burning arrows.
I am looking forward to when I get to test these kind of mechanics through and through