Steam + Kingdom Come: Deliverance?

Will you can buy this game on Steam?
And when yes: Will you can get it as an alpha or beta version?

There is a shop coming soon here on the site where you can buy almost all tiers from on the kickstarter page except for the special ones with the swords.
Also, research maybe a bit better first next time.

Yes I already have know this, but nevertheless I want to know it.

Why would they if you can just buy it here on the site? Anyway, as far as I know that is all there is said about it on the matter. So yes alpha and beta will probably also be available to get.

When it is published on Steam I think it will be finished already.
If you want to take part in alpha/beta phase you probably have to buy it in the shop on this site.
I wonder how they will distribute the digital copy of the Game probably though Steam but I’m not 100% sure.

To Steam they said (to a question concerning DRM)

We are planning to use Steam on open platforms, so the game will be using Steam default copy protection mechanics.

More visibility = more chances someone will see it = more chances someone will buy it.

1 Like

I think they said there will be early acces (beta only I guess). Final game will be definitely avaible via steam.

Not sure why steam is so great for such an awesome game
I have two games i can not play now ( tech service 15 emails & no joy!)… yet i own the hard copies.
The game keyboard (logitech) now fails to work i found, because steam commandeers the exe file for itself and only it self. All my other games work with out a hitch! So how will all that work with Steam, in this game??

Maybe the game offered on Steam and the official website? People like that flexibility…

1 Like

I myself really like Steam. You can keep track of you games, recieve updates, news, special offers all in one interface. Another big advantage is the “validate game files” option, which enables the repair of a game whereas in many games without steam support, such thing is not possible and a broken game requires a complete new installation.

I bought the boxed version myself, but I would love Steam support!

2 Likes

Quite a few games use steam for their early access releases. First Kickstarter game that comes to mind is Wasteland 2. Steam updates it for me, I’m happy with steam.

1 Like

So it will be on steam, my question now is: when? I think we (the warhorse team) could hit a lot more stretch goals if it were already on steam. Thoughts?

I’m guessing Oct. 22.

yes the alpha is planned to released on steam on oct 22. but the alpha itself wont be visible for everyone only the backers can load it with a special code.
Maybe the Beta phase could be something like Steam Early Access

If you want to play KCD as early as possible why don’t you just pledge here on the page? That way all your money goes to Warhorse directly and therefore you support the game in the best possible way AND you will be able to play the game on Steam from the very beginning starting with the first alpha on 22nd October.

There is imo really no reason to wait for the possibility to buy the game on the Steam shop, neither as Early Access version nor as release version.

I will avoid steam in any cases because of privacy matter. I do not like spying programs which store your whole information hardware games you recently plays and what software and etc into your personal account “NSA” file. I do not speak about the privacy matter now, I speak strictly about business, because seem to me privacy matter in nowadays is nothing, but this is about business, steam use information to get benefit without paying “cuts” to the steam users. Business rule, nothing is for free! So steam should pays for all information what they collect! This is a rule!

Also I do not like by the same reasons that early access exists only in Steam, I think this is conspiracy of game developers to support only steam. I do not like when developers push and force gamer’s to use Steam and do not give any alternatives for example like GOG. And GOG by its own cannot make early access because this is not only software problems or legal troubles with that but more problem of game developers support, which is none, to other digital game distributors. I really would like to see early access in other Digital game distributors as I mentioned GOG or maybe other distributors which share the same views on digital game distribution as GOG.

Eh … drugs too much?

4 Likes

And the point… ?

You wrote a conspiracy novel, tell us the point. I don’t mean to insult you in any way and some parts might be hard to understand due to poor grammar, but what you wrote there seems a little made up to me. Of course Steam knows what games you played - because you played them over Steam. As well as EA knows what games you play once you play on Origin, Blizzard knows what you played once you play on Battle.net or Ubisoft knows what you played once you play on Uplay.

I don’t consider Steam a DRM mechanism, as the other above mentioned, but as a great platform for Indies to publish there games and to find/buy games in general, if I don’t want them in physical state that is. If you are afraid about the NSA you shouldn’t be using the internet in the first place, because everything is locked, looked at or stored somewhere.

I will not even start talking or discussing anything about the business part besides that: why would they pay you? You’re most likely not working for them. In my opinion they’re giving something back to the users in form of heavy discounts, several times a year during [insert occasion here] sales.

Conspiracy of game devs because they chose to use steam? I simply is a great opportunity for them to reach a vast audience and still better then Origin, Uplay, Battle.net or what ever they’re called.

2 Likes