Still getting Stuttering

Hi guys

Just wondering if there’s anymore help or hope! Been playing this for about a month and from the get go its been stuttering and “laggy” when theres lots going on around you, usually in towns or in large battles. Everywhere else seems fine and running a nice 80-100 fps!

I have installed the following DLC:
Treasure from the past
HD Sound pack
HD Texture pack

Hardware is as follows:
i5 3570K @4.2ghz
GTX 980ti
Game is installed on a SSD
Full watercooled loop so temps are fine and low.
Installed latest patch

I’ve tried a plethora of different settings and workarounds and nothing seems to work.
Tried different settings in game
Tried FPS limiters
Tried BES
Tried Heapsize

Any other help is appreciated, thanks!

And how many fps you have if a lot is going on around you? 70 or 60?

Hi

When theres alot going on around me, frame rates drop and fluctuate to anywhere between 30-60fps. When theres really bad lag spikes it will actually freeze momentarily!

that’s a lot. You’re using some tweaked configs?
However, it is not easy for CryEngine to reduce the amount of A.I. as it is presented in KCD to process.

Hi

No im using the stock settings in game now with HD textures. The performance hit is minimal however its still doing the same stuttering in towns and lag spikes.

Is there no patch or workaround? It makes the game abit unplayable.

Have you checked with intel stress tests there’s no power throttling going on…

Hi

I’ve checked and there is none, the overclock is very stable. It runs every other game flawlessly but this one it seems to fluctuate madly!

The frames do drop but freezing? No. Maybe ram problems… The throttling happens usually with high gpu and cpu load simultaneously. So if there’s a way to check that. I have now i7-8700k stock clocks and gtx 980 factory oc. FHD res and fps mostly stays on 60. Sometimes it drops to low 40’s when a lot is happening but that’s rare. Freezing never. The heapsize exe addition… don’t know about that but try user.cfg in game folder. My settings:
cl_invertController = 1
sys_MaxFPS = 60
sys_budget_sysmem = 16384
sys_budget_videomem = 4096

Adjust to your hw of course.
Have you checked in bios that “performance mode” or equivalent is on? Just to be sure for no power throttling. Also display drivers of course and that there’s no weird gf experience settings going on. Other than that a bad oc on gpu may affect too. Faulty SSD… Tho you did write that no problems with other games so maybe just try those user.cfg settings. Also shadows impact a lot to performance and lod distances.
Off topic but imho if you have a fast cpu the lod distances should be higher. The performance seemed better that way. Maybe because the gpu doesn’t have to wait for new data so much… Not sure at all about that but to me trying them out overall things seemed smoother. Really. Not kidding. Or maybe I had too many beers, lol.

EDIT: Shaders, saves and profiles are default saved in C-drive under profile. So if your os is on an hdd that could affect the performance.

EDIT2: wait I did have similar problems when I raised the RAM clocks as high as they would go. I dropped them back and things were smooth again. That was weird.