Stuck at loading screen

i changed the graphic window but it made it more glitched. instead of an endless loading screen on the main quest, now i cant even talk to the person im supposed to because “press a to talk” never comes up when i walk up to him. this is fraud. fuck these people. its not even like i got it new. its been out for months and has been patched several times. the witcher is very similar in its complexity and they have none of these issues. these game developers are just retards who clearly never tested their game.

Yeah, still no luck here. I think it’s all these side quests that we are doing that is bugging the main storyline quest. Possibly that monastery quest everyone is complaining about that gives them an infinite loading screen, I think the people that are complaining about this specific bug, from which I’m seeing it’s just you, me and another dude, ran into some type of side quest that was buggy af and that in turn affected our main story line or the way we load certain things. So either we would have to, 1, start a new game, 2, revert half our progress and go back 50 saves, or 3 wait for them to release a mass bug fix.

same here got the same issue for a long time now

just to make sure , do you have the new dlc fta and are you useing any mods. some paticular mods and the new dlc will do exactly that an infinite loading screen. it happened to me when i had the spear mans delight mod. i mainly got it for any fta content i tried to do, not main quest stuff.

this bug still exists. I was doing the quest with the plagued city and after talking with the stable boy i got the infinite loop. devs please patch this

You did not say what platform, if PC any mods and or if the Ashes DLC is installed. Can be relevant. All Drivers up to date?
Patch 1.43 fixed the problems with that mission.

pc, no mods, from ashes dlc, all drivers up to date, im on the newest version, purchased the game 3 days ago.

Verified game files on Steam/GoG?

Hey,

New “player” here. Not managed once to log into the game, stuck at loading screen - also after validating the files on the disc. I have all expansions and HD sounds installed - went all in and bought everything but now the thing doesn’t even start. …

See https://imgur.com/a/RmPpgB5

Oh yeah, and:

• Reinstalled the game
  • Deleted all steam games, removed steam
  • Installed again
  • Installed again on administrator account - no difference.

Hi @Tsath how low did you wait for the game to load? You should find some more info about the crash in windows event log under application

I waited for 15 minutes, then started trying to get the process killed.
I have a feeling that the game is not at fault, but that it was* a combination of Steam and perhaps Geforce Experience doing it. I had two issues I was battling:

• I had changed my normal user from being administrator to not being (for security purposes), and Steam had been acting weirdly ever since. I removed steam, made my normal user administrator again, installed steam, installed the game and it ran! (Hence the was* above, as it now runs)
  • BUT when I ran it, I got a popup from Geforce that halted the game load until I clicked it about being able to record video from within the game. As soon as I clicked that, the game completed the load - don’t know if that could have appeared underneath the game window before or something?

I have now changed the admin account back to normal and it still runs. I’m at a loss of the exact cause here, but things are good again and I’m already gritting my teeth at nasty bald men with walrus moustaches.

1 Like

Are you at the point right after the test fire? Right when cold steel hot blood is suppose to start?

1 Like

Yeah, same problem here. i have tried to solve it like 3 hours and every time i got stuck on loading screen…:face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Same. I tried every conceivable thing to try to fix it. Even tried reloading a save about 10 hrs worth of gameplay back and doing everything over again to see if it would fix it but it didnt. Then I started a whole new game and got a little bit into it and decided it’s not worth the risk. What’s to stop it from happening again and if it did then I’d be even more pissed than I already am. I also have no hope that theyll fix the issue since it’s an issue that’s been reported for a long time now and nothing’s been done.